- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, content strategy) on technical implementation.
- Experience implementing visual design systems across platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions (see Google's portfolio tips).
- 8 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in leading and communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop, mobile, Android, and iOS.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch).
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and manage workload, and meet critical project deadlines.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s Visual Designers weave space, typography, color, iconography, and texture together to help people successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the behaviors and perceptions of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As a Visual Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love to use.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Grow and evolve the notion of framework by collaborating with other leads to form a cohesive offering across Google products.
- Work across programs to define, maintain, and evolve the tools, processes, and communication around asset management.
- Leverage principle contributors to explore concept development to influence product, a point-of-view around visual style, and product commitments.
- Defend Google products, our brand promise, and its unique value prop amid an interlaced relationship with Google’s master brand.
- Partner with visual programs within our organization to evolve and apply new design styles and aesthetics for our suite of products.