At Flockjay, we are here to empower upward mobility through education and access. Our goal is to create pathways to future-proof careers for people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds.
We have an experienced team from companies like Airbnb, Intercom, Google, and Teach for America, and have raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including Salesforce, Index Ventures, Y Combinator, and Lightspeed Ventures. We are also proud to have won the annual Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, placing in the top 50 of all SMB for Best Places to Work in 2021 - entirely based on the feedback of our team.
Tomorrow's companies will be defined by how they invest in people. Our team is small and growing - join us and make a meaningful impact. Let’s build a generational company together.
Who You Are:
Are you passionate about visual design? Are you excited to strategically lead a brand’s visual identity but also energized to execute? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with the opportunity to wear many hats and add to your skillset?
If you answered yes, this job might be for you!
Flockjay is looking to hire one of it’s first in-house designers to drive all aspects of design of company brand and marketing materials. This person will bring previous visual design experience, best practices, and help with the execution of our visual brand refresh. In this role you will report to our Head of Growth and collaborate with other team leads. While Flockjay has a fully remote, distributed team, we are currently unable to sponsor visas at this time
What You'll Do
- Help translate and implement our visual brand refresh across all of our digital assets (social ads, banners, sales collateral, webinar graphics, classroom materials, video, etc.)
- Establish brand guidelines and maintain version control to ensure consistency across all design work
- Level up our ads in a variety of digital platforms to better tell stories and generate response
- Help to interpret and evolve our visual brand as our company grows and changes
- Work closely with a UX/UI teammate with the creation and execution of wireframes and mockups for pages
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of relevant design experience
- Ability to work independently and manage project deliverables and timelines
- Willingness to learn and roll up your sleeves
- Strong design and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (or equivalent)
- Some level of experience with Motion Graphics
- Video editing - nice to have!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Flockjay
We believe diversity is strength & difference is a teacher. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We strive to provide the support required to create a safe, positive environment.
We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We believe organizations must build diversity, inclusion, and belonging into their DNA. Those that do so will build better products, provide better services, and be positive forces in the world.