Senior Visual Designer Mural
Graphic DesignUS, Remote2 months ago
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
About the Brand & Creative team
The Brand & Creative team at MURAL is a newly formed team consisting of visual designers, animators, illustrators, producers, and all around talented & humble people. We are a fully remote & global team, spanning San Francisco, Austin, New York, Buenos Aires, and Brisbane. We are on a mission to power up imaginations everywhere with beautiful, playful, and differentiated design & storytelling and we’re looking for like minded goal-oriented, talented individuals to join us on this mission. We play to win, and aim to incorporate “fun” in everything we do!
As a Visual Designer on the Brand & Creative team, you will help shape our culture of design and play an instrumental role in crafting how our brand manifests visually across many mediums.
As a Senior Visual Designer your goal will be to bring the MURAL brand to life creatively. You will support our marketing, community, and culture teams on projects that involve visually representing the MURAL brand, whether that be in a presentation deck, email marketing, social media campaigns, print assets, event experiences, swag, and so much more.
This role is highly creative and requires a sharp eye—someone who always sweats the details and is obsessed with quality. Our ideal candidate is a strong visual designer with a passion for brand design and visual storytelling. Most of all, you just love to make stuff. You get excited about experimenting on new ideas, and love the feeling of pushing designs out into the world for people to engage with. If this resonates with you and you’re interested in learning more, we’d like to chat.
Responsibilities will include
- Conceptual thinking. We are looking for someone who can start a project off from a strong point of view and come up with surprising, original concepts to move the project forward.
- A strong background of visual design experience, in-house experience is a plus
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills—the ability to work with many different people across the organization, and the confidence and skill to communicate your ideas clearly.
- A great attitude and a lack of ego.
- Contributing to overall brand strategy and decision-making about visual direction.
- Creating high-quality work that delights our customers, meets company objectives, and reinforces our brand (logos, banners, landing pages).
- Earn a respected place within a small, high-performing, high-impact team by producing quality work quickly
- Be a key contributor to MURAL’s evolving visual brand
- Be a senior member of a rapidly growing internal creative team, mentoring & teaching others along the way
- Collaborating cross-functionally with designers within other orgs (Community & Product Design)
- 5-7 years of visual design or art direction experience
- Highly collaborative and team player mentality
- Experience designing (+ illustrating) for web, social, email, print, and environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An excellent portfolio with case studies that showcase your design foundations
- Strong business acumen and ability to balance needs of the brand, the business, and its constraints.
- Experience working for an in-house creative team
- Experience working in a goal-oriented organization with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop (Figma nice to have)
- Illustration skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, troubleshoot obstacles, and provide outstanding communication to the team throughout the design process.
- Looking to have FUN in a dynamic and playful environment
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.