Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the U.S., and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers worldwide while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
What you'll be doing
ROKU is the #1 streaming software platform for delivering video, movies, music to your TV. We have +250,000 movies, episodes, FREE TV channels and best collection of entertainment for streaming thru Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu, Sling, HBO, SHO, ESPN +more.
We work collaboratively to produce and ship real products used by millions worldwide. Whether it be on the Roku Player or RokuTV software, a content partners channel, or the Roku mobile app, our UX team is responsible for it all.
To that end, we need a team player who can turn a variety of requirements into clear and understandable visual solutions. We need you, if you are driven by a passion for great visual design to deliver solutions that are creatively inspired and pragmatically realized.
- Collaborate with PM, Engineers, UX to design global web connected products
- Deliver new products that span all project phases from concept and design to production
- Define and deliver a holistic visual design language
- Explore a variety of design directions in a rapid iterative fashion
- Use XML to create, adjust and manage graphical assets
We're excited if you have
- Enthusiasm and experience creating visual designs on Web
- Experience with TV streaming, finance, and/or advertising, platforms or tools
- Ability to create a robust visual design system and documentation
- 5+ years of Visual Design work, primarily at product companies
- Adept at interaction design
- Some front-end web development experience (HTML, CSS, XML)
- Desire and ability to sweat and nail the details
- Degree in Digital Design, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Illustration, Industrial Design or related work experience
This is a visual design role and we need to see your work. Please provide us with a link to your portfolio website or other place where we can see your work. Thank you!
The UX team is based in Boston, New York City area, and Bay Area.
The Roku culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a company that’s changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn’t real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
Making the complex easy to use is what we work on every day. If that sounds like where you’d like to spend your time, we have a few other