Senior Visual Designer, Social Media Root
UX UIUS, Remote2 months ago
Root is looking for a graphic designer to join the Creative Marketing team. This role will focus on the design efforts for our organic social media properties, focusing on creating work that is authentic and valuable for our audiences.
Reports to: Art Director
What you'll be doing.
- Partnering with a product owner and copywriter to craft our social media experiences from the ground up.
- Using your expertise in layout and typography to develop work that is on-strategy and on-brand, raising the creative bar while meeting our customers’ needs.
- Maintaining an aesthetic on every project that is consistent with brand visuals and values, while helping push the brand forward.
- Working with copywriters, animators, and directors to ensure social is creatively successful and collaborative.
- Maintaining an organized and efficient production process.
What we're looking for.
- 5+ years experience in the design field. In-house experience with a brand is a must, agency experience is nice-to-have.
- Previous social experience is a must.
- Exceptional design capabilities: imaginative storytelling, beautiful illustration, thoughtful use of type and composition.
- Comprehensive design expertise, with solid technical command of software (we use a combination of Figma, the Adobe Suite, and Keynote.)
- Understanding of holistic thinking. Strong understanding of how campaign messages and brand standards work across multiple marketing channels is required: strong examples of this way of thinking should be present in past work.
- Understanding of wider design systems, and how the application of both consistency and flexibility applied within those systems support the work.
- You’re a self-organizing, highly collaborative team member.
- You internalize business needs and ship work that solves those needs.
- You understand how to focus on a core hypothesis and don’t get distracted by features that detract from that goal.
- In a team setting, you understand how to navigate disagreements, and commit.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills—particularly with keeping stakeholders aware of project status.
- You have a flexible approach—operating proactively in a fast-paced, evolving atmosphere with ambiguous structures.
- Your approach to design expands beyond aesthetics to include broader goals.
- You recognize transparency with team members as a means to iteratively deliver more valuable work, together.
- You love to learn, and apply what you learn.
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.