Senior Visual Product Designer NerdSt
UX UIRemote2 months ago
Nerd Street Gamers provides an opportunity for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports events, and they also are home to a community of like-minded amateur gamers. Our product offering includes facilities, event management, and broadcast production with an underlying software framework that ties it all together. In short, we’re helping to build the infrastructure of esports. And we’re looking for talented, high-energy team members who can collaborate in a professional-minded, high-paced environment.
A successful Senior Product Designer will help manage our digital brand expression as it relates to our esports community, event, ecommerce, facilities, and content management software systems -- collaborating with marketing graphic artists, user experience designers, and software developers on component definition, screen aesthetics, and UI vocabulary. This individual will need to define and execute design processes in a fast-paced agile environment -- ensuring that our product and engineering teams balance business goals and requirements with the real world needs of our end users.
In addition to creating visual design artifacts the Senior Product Designer will provide mentoring, general systems design leadership, define A/B and regression testing requirements, and ensure our systems adhere to visual quality standards, accessibility guidelines, and industry best practices. They will collaborate with other designers and developers on UI and UX concerns by defining requirements, limitations, and opportunities caused by our code base and collaborate with project management by defining the scope and scale impact of design decisions.
We believe we can find an individual at the senior-designer level who can perform effectively in this role but are willing to adjust the title for a more experienced lead-level candidate.
What We Like To See
- 5+ years of experience designing for complex websites and business systems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, early-stage startup environment
- Experience creating beautiful mockups and amazing prototypes using tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Adobe CC, etc.
- Can be autonomous, self-driven, and is interested in working as an individual contributor on design artifacts
- Is interested leading and contributing to design crits and in having their designs critiqued
- Can architect solutions that balance implementation time, business need, and user need
- Experience in designing for data visualization
- Has experience in designing for and curating design systems
- Enjoys helping non-designers understand the value and benefits of design process
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has some experience or interest in with working with multimedia (live and on-demand), animation, and/or augmented reality
Day to day:
- Put your knowledge of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution to work to help the team learn and iterate
- Collaborate with UX to design experiments, help facilitate testing, analyze data, and build guiding principles for future design decision making
- Execute on all phases of the design process—from wireframing and designing brand visuals to completing engineering handoff and iteration
- Design holistic systems, flows, and interfaces that are simple, engaging, usable, and drive team and stakeholder consensus
- Collaborate with UX to distill stakeholder requirements into user-centered questions to answer through design iteration, testing, learning, and more iteration.
- Sharing work early and often
- Champion accessibility in all visual and UX design decisions
- Brainstorming and sketching design concepts in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Expressing feedback with radical candor and kindness
- Translation of both quantitative & qualitative insights into design decisions
- Lead high-level project work from a design perspective with autonomy and authority, facilitating design working sessions to help the team deliver the best possible solutions
- Build relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams outside product including Marketing, Events, Operations, Media, and more.
- Has expert knowledge of typography, color theory, information architecture, and creating smart, intuitive iconography languages and microinteractions to support user journeys
- Has experience ensuring systems remain fully accessible to the widest possible audience and considering user experience for users who might require supportive technology to access systems
- Has deep experience in designing for complex consumer-facing business systems as well as innovative content-delivery websites.
- Has experience considering the conversion impact of decisions and making use of qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Has deep understanding of multi-platform systems and how context differences between desktop, mobile, game consoles, etc. might provide opportunities for enhanced experiences
- Has in-depth experience in applying LeanUX or similar agile design methodologies
- Has deep experience articulating ideas and design solutions to non-designers - you can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity
- Health Care (medical, vision, dental)
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO and Holiday Availability
- Parental Leave
- Equity Eligibility
- Flexible Work Schedule & Remote Opportunities
- Remote with some travel