Founded in 2009, our mission is to break down any barrier, education or otherwise, for those trying to achieve their career aspirations. We started with test prep for the GMAT (a standardized test for aspiring MBA students).
Classes and tutors cost thousands and books are ineffective, so we created an affordable, online, video-based product that students can use any time, anywhere. We’re one of the lowest price offerings, yet deliver some of the best results—and we now proudly serve over 100,000 paying customers per year across 8 exams.
We’ve raised less than $1M in 2011 and achieved profitability in 2012. We haven’t looked back since. We have 8-figure revenue and are still profitable and growing.
In addition to deeply caring about our mission and students, we care about sustainable growth and building a healthy culture. We’ve twice been named the happiest company in education, yet know there’s more we can do. We have 35 employees at our HQ in Berkeley, CA and another 65 employees throughout the US. You can read a lot more about us here: https://magoo.sh/philosophy
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in people’s lives, we want you to help us break down barriers so that everyone can succeed.
We also firmly believe it's imperative that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the Job
Magoosh creates blog content and other free resources to help students learn about, and prepare for, admissions exams such as the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, ACT, and Praxis. We are looking for a part-time Blog Editor (25-29 hrs/week) to help develop awesome and helpful content that is educational, engaging, beautifully designed and follows current SEO strategies and best practices.
We’re looking for a team player with a passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field. Our team is committed to helping students achieve their academic dreams, and we live our company values every day.
This is not your ordinary editing job! We are looking for a blog editor with an eye for detail, a taste for tone, a strong sense of SEO, a knack for project management and the ability to whip blog content into quality publishing shape.
This is a remote role (i.e., work from anywhere in the U.S.)! Pay is $24.50-$35.00 per hour depending on experience and location.
You must live in and be authorized to work in the US.
- An enthusiastic editor
- You actually enjoy copyediting and proofreading, and strive to make Magoosh content even better for our students
- An SEO advocate
- You’re up to date on current SEO trends and are always looking for ways to effectively optimize content for a top Google ranking
- A curious learner
- You are excited to take on the challenge of learning Magoosh’s unique and adaptive approach to content marketing
- A data-driven thinker
- You use data to drive content strategy, and are adept at basic data collection and analysis
- A detail-oriented executer
- You are analytical, ensuring all content that is published is accurate and matches the Magoosh style and tone
In this position, you will…
- Project manage content creation and optimization process from end to end, in coordination with the Content Marketing and Content Marketing Support Teams
- Edit, format, design, and publish blog posts written by our team of writers, using Wordpress (HTML & CSS)
- Ensure new and revised posts are effectively optimized for search engine results (SEO)
- Source, create, and add visual elements to blog posts using Photoshop, Canva, or similar
- Review, revise, and design PDFs, tables, quizzes, and other content upgrades
- Ensure that content is engaging and adheres to Magoosh’s style and tone
- Confirm the accuracy and efficacy of the advice we give to students
- Assist the Content Marketing Team with a variety of blog and off-blog SEO and copyediting tasks
- Develop and test CTAs to drive blog > product site conversion
- Perform basic data analysis and provide recommendations (ex., traffic, backlinks, etc.)
Extra credit if you...
- Have written for blogs before or have your own blog
- Are already familiar with Yoast or SEMRush
- Have experience with Google Analytics
- Have familiarity with AdInserter and/or Optinmonster CTA tools
- Have familiarity with Adobe Suite
- Have taught or tutored for standardized tests
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.