Who we are
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
At PayPal, Content Designers work side by side with Designers, Content Strategists, Product Owners, and Researchers to create web experiences that empower people and businesses around the world.
You’re the ideal candidate if you’re an excellent writer who is also a design thinker and customer champion. You love using words to tell stories, to solve problems, and to make the world a better place. You’re just as happy brainstorming big-picture strategy as you are crafting compelling headlines and helpful error messages. You’re excited to work in a fast-paced, high-tech environment that requires independent self-direction as well as collaboration and open communication.
What you’ll do at PayPal:
· Plan and write content for web and mobile experiences (across all touch points including navigation and user interface copy, emails, in-app notifications, chatbots, and help).
· Transform global product requirements into a strategy for how you will use content to meet business goals and solve real customer problems.
· Present your work and articulate your approach to teammates, product owners, and other stakeholders.
· Collaborate with Design on page layout, interactions, and visual tone.
· Coordinate content with Brand, Marketing and Operations teams to ensure we create a consistent end-to-end experience.
· Use data and research to evaluate your content’s impact, and push for continuous improvement that shows real results.
· Maintain and evolve PayPal’s content standards, including voice and tone.
· Learn a lot, make an impact, have fun.
The skills you need:
· 5-8 years professional UX writing experience for web or mobile content.
· Excellent, highly creative writing and critical-thinking skills.
· Experience working with content standards, such as style and voice and tone guidelines.
· Comfortable managing multiple projects, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaborating across teams.
· Experience in financial services, payments, B2B or B2C e-commerce is preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Design, Information Science or related field.