Posted: Aug 12, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications!
The Newsroom breaks news of Apple products and initiatives, and is the official word from Apple. We create Newsroom stories in collaboration with a variety of team members and other media across the globe! As a Sr. Designer on Apple Newsroom’s Design Team, you will partner with the Creative Director to build elegant design solutions for everything published on Apple Newsroom, from press releases to photo essays to long-form editorial articles.
You will work directly with teams across the organization to generate and gather assets as well as commission and provide creative direction for original photography and illustrations from contributors around the globe.
- A sophisticated design aesthetic, knowledge of editorial photography and illustration trends
- You can work quickly and conclusively in tight timeframes
- The ability to thrive in a challenging and rigorous environment
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Strong Communicator and Flexible Collaborator
- We desire comfortability in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Keynote, Slack, and Pages
- You're able to design for desktop and mobile platforms
- A minimum of 6-8 years experience specializing in visual design, editorial experience a plus
Our team creates original designs that align to project goals and overall creative direction, fluid templates and Apple standards.
You will collaborate with the Creative Director, Designers, and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on design layouts. Anticipate and solve for potential design challenges, as well as existing conditions.
We guide ideas to meet both creative and business goals within the project scope.
We present persuasively and clearly articulate design rationale for project creative solutions.
Consult with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent.
Review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless. We continually seek opportunities to refine design thinking and improve workflows.
Education & Experience
BA or BFA in Graphic Design or related experience
- We offer health benefits and paid vacation.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants about who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation of that of other applicants.