Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
On the Design Research & Strategy team, our mission is to lay a user-centered and data-driven foundation for Adobe product design and development. We are seeking a Senior Experience Researcher to steer product research from early strategic explorations through to shipping product.
What you’ll be working on
- Assess a project’s scope, determine appropriate research questions, and identify appropriate research methods (developing new methods to meet needs).
- Run research studies from start to finish, including; developing a realistic research plan and materials, recruiting participants, and synthesizing data into findings.
- Advocate for the customer by articulating research findings and product ideas through clear and insightful presentations.
- Engage with different roles across the product team to understand and influence business goals, system architecture, and product designs.
- Mentor junior staff and oversee contractors/vendors on more complex programs of study.
- Present work in group-wide or company-wide forums (e.g., brown bags, tech summit, MAX, KTB, etc.).
What you’ll bring to the team
- Significant hands-on research experience, with at least some of that experience in an industry setting (e.g. UX/product research, market research, consulting, etc.)
- An undergraduate degree from a 4-year, accredited institution.
- Able to handle areas (user/product/domain) that may be ambiguous or ill-defined.
- Proven ability to use multiple research methods and are able to explain the rationale for using each one.
- Awareness of UX industry trends, incorporating new research techniques when appropriate.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- An understanding of the product life cycle and can time research to have maximum impact.
- Can collaborate effectively across all project roles (design, research, product management, engineering, etc
- Don’t just summarize study data, but go one step further to identify meaningful user needs and/or product issues.
- Can proactively identify and communicate clear product solutions based on these findings, sometimes across organizational departments.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, sometimes in various ways to meet the needs of different recipients (written reports, user profiles, scenarios, etc.).
- Experience presenting work at the management, director, and VP levels.
Nice to haves:
- An advanced degree in psychology, anthropology, data science, or a related field.
- Familiarity with or interest in Adobe’s creative (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), document (Acrobat, PDF), and/or Experience (Analytics, AEM, etc,) tools.
Why you’ll love working here
- Collaborate with and learn from other researchers from a wide range of backgrounds; Psychology, Anthropology, HCI, Computer Science, Design and Management, Linguistics, and more.
- At Adobe, we value the differences in others’ stories and ideas— You’ll be able to bring your authentic self to work every day.
- We offer a competitive benefits package including; unlimited vacation days, 401k matching, educational reimbursement, wellness dollars, fertility benefits, parental leave, childcare assistance, gender reassignment benefits, and more!
About Adobe Design
Adobe Design creates tools that amplify the world’s ability to create and communicate. We’re a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe’s three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.