Job Description Summary:
Zettle and the whole PayPal family are on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Tens of millions of small businesses worldwide are still being underserved. By giving businesses the tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow, we’re empowering them to reach their full potential. Together with PayPal, we can reach 24 million merchants across the world with more of the affordable tools they need to thrive. Join us in putting an end to the ordinary way the world defines financial freedom.
As a Senior UX Research Manager over the Zettle User Experience Research team, you will lead a team of researchers whose insights inform every part of our product development process – from early strategy to product launch. You will guide your team and other cross-functional team members to influence decisions and deliver the best possible experiences for small businesses and their customers around the world. At PayPal and Zettle, UX Research starts with asking the right questions and ends with targeted deliverables and storytelling that captivate and move stakeholders to action.
As a Senior Research Manager you will help us find, develop and retain great research talent. You have a passion for coaching teams and guiding partners in empathizing with customer problems. You will demonstrate the breadth and depth of impact UX research can have through collaboration across teams, roadmaps and functions. You will be a member of our diverse Global UX Organization where we believe that different perspectives and backgrounds inside our team lead to innovation and inclusion in our product design. Our UX community believes in investing in personal and professional growth so that everyone has an opportunity to learn, stretch and to elevate each other. If you want to work alongside motivated, talented people all focused on positive impact around the world, reach out!Job
- Manage a team of user experience researchers and drive best practices across different mixed methodologies
- Handle a balanced portfolio of research programs spanning generative to evaluative research, to gain a deep understanding of small businesses and how our products meet their needs
- Lead research efforts across the team, including strategic planning, participating in synthesis and presenting actionable insights and recommendations to stakeholders and senior leaders across the organization
- Coach the team to synthesize data from multiple sources to deliver impactful multi-phased research projects within budget and timelines
- Actively contribute to the wider UX Research & manager community, mentoring others and leveraging your strengths to help others grow
- Extensive domain experience and well versed in people development
- Bachelor’s and/or Graduate Degree in the study of user experience, design, research or related fields
- Complete UX research skillset from discovery through to post-launch across products and platforms, mobile apps, financial services expertise an advantage
- Proficiency and proven track record or delivering convincing insights and business relevant recommendations for product and design teams
We're all for equality for all.
Tattoo artists. Dog groomers. Cake bakers. Jewlery makers. You name them - at Zettle - we help them. And to do that well, we need our people to be as unique and diverse as they are. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and together we uphold PayPal’s One Team Behaviour, striving to be a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development, bring their whole self to work and most of all, feel like they belong.