Job Description Summary:
Sr Product Designer for Shopping
As a member of the User Experience Design team at PayPal, you will create meaningful and cohesive end-to-end experiences through a deep understanding of our customers and exceptional design execution. You will collaborate with product and technology teams to build the next generation of financial service products by bringing the customer to the forefront in everything we do. The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and visual design skills. This individual should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of our customers and our business and how to solve for them through design.
- Partners with design, engineering, design systems and product management team members in the execution and delivery of PayPal’s products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process.
- Contributes to the planning and estimating work and participates in broader work stream coordination and expectation setting.
- Creates high-quality deliverables and executes based on product design goals and priorities without prescriptive guidance or direction, managing their work to a more extensive schedule.
- Leverages and extends the use of established product design techniques, templates, presentations and assets in the creation of product design analysis, solutions and materials.
- Contributes to the adaptation of PayPal product design tools, methodology and software, and proposes new solutions or optimizes existing ones.
- Creates opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline dynamics. Drives product design team delivery excellence, furthering influence to achieve product design goals.
- May lead one or more individuals in experience and design initiatives. Informally mentors junior product design practitioners in best practices, process and methodology.
- 5+ years experience.
- Bachelors or Master Degree in the study of design including one of the following; Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Thorough understanding of product design methodology and lifecycle across significant channels and platforms.
- Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights.
- Effectively operates within an iterative design team, managing product design responsibilities against defined milestones and plan with little day-to-day oversight.
- Thorough knowledge of essential channels and platforms, with experience in mobile, dedicated, web and native solution design.
- Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories, and internal communication tools.