We are hiring a Senior User Researcher to work with our Expansion team to help bring new users and teams to Slack and to help ensure they thrive!
As the sole researcher working with this critical team, you will develop a deep and nuanced understanding of the earliest stages of the Slack customer journey: how do people learn about Slack and what it is? How do they sign up? How do they connect with and engage their teams in Slack and help build it into a core part of how their team works?
The Research & Analytics team seeks to improves product value throughout the customer experience by understanding the how and why of team workflows, communication processes and cultures. We provide data at every stage of the product development cycle. In addition to conducting practical and impactful research, we help build and maintain our strong customer-centered culture at Slack.
Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, with everything in between. We are looking to bring on a senior researcher with excellent communication skills who is passionate about technology, comfortable in a flat, dynamic organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on improving our product and our business. You'll help us conduct best-in-class research in order to better deliver on Slack’s mission: to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Gather and prioritize key research questions from product, design, engineering, and marketing partners
- Plan and conduct practical, impactful research via a diverse set of methods throughout the entire product cycle
- Analyze results and translate them into clear, compelling narratives that inspire action and change among your partners
- Engage with cross-functional product teams as they build, consulting on their execution and identifying new opportunities for gathering new insights
- Partner closely with Researchers and Data Scientists in other product areas to ensure a consistent and always-evolving view of the user experience
- Act as an internal evangelist for our customers, our users and product research as a discipline
What you should have
- 5+ years industry experience
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong story-telling skills and an ability to frame insights into compelling narratives
- Familiarity with developing or using product / marketing frameworks to align cross-functional teams
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and perform a variety of research-related tasks, including recruiting participants
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.