PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. UX Designer, Beyond Console
San Francisco, CA
Help define the future of gaming beyond our core console platforms. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working Sr. UX Designer to provide intuitive, modern, and consistent design solutions that delight across different screens and inputs. You will partner with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, researchers, writers, and engineers to concept, test and craft experiences that delight our users.
You will join the SONY design community, a group that respects and celebrates the value of user-centered design, visual communication and collaboration. Work with designers both locally and globally to elevate the standard of craft across the organization.
An ideal candidate possesses passion, dedication, and skills vital to deliver best-in-class products and experiences. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Craft user-centric products that focus on ease-of-use and customer value with opportunities to surprise and delight
- Leverage insights from data and user feedback to design tailored experiences that achieve desired outcomes
- Present and communicate design proposals and build consensus on solutions with cross-functional teams and key partners
- Deliver high-quality interaction flows, layouts and visual designs, paired with detailed specifications for implementation
- Partner with UX research, content, product management and engineering to ensure alignment throughout the process
- Actively manage and prioritize work in order to deliver designs in a timely manner
- BA/BS degree in design-related studies, or proven experience as a UX Designer
- Portfolio demonstrating strong proficiency in interaction design and clean visual design with iterations and outcomes
- Past experience using both qualitative and quantitative inputs to form hypothesis and inform design solutions
- Ability to both work within a Design System and contribute to it
- Proficient in Figma + Sketch, with a working knowledge of emerging software for prototyping, collaboration and visual design
- Experience designing native desktop applications (Windows or MacOS)
- Portfolio that demonstrates motion design and high-fidelity prototyping
- Extensive experience creating experiences for a global audience in multiple languages
- Deep passion or knowledge of gaming or media streaming services
- The ability to speak, write, or understand Japanese language