At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for a talented and visionary Lead UX Designer/Design Thinking Consultant in an important cross-functional role, working with our business and IT teams to work on and design the best user experience for a range of solutions - spanning employee facing channels, internal applications supporting employee services and back-office operations.
A technology-savvy and inspirational individual, you will engage in a very hands-on way with an array of platforms and technologies in multi-discipline teams. You will have the ability to induce human centered design approach and design thinking methodology in the research and design of the best user experience and supporting business processes to enhance employee journeys through adopting advanced digital technologies in an effective and innovative manner.
The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and visual design skills. He/She will thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. Job Description:
- A Subject Matter Expert in UX and Design Thinking: You will be assigned work on key projects or products as UX lead and/or design thinking coach/facilitator
- Defining and designing interfaces, experience, and processes across multiple platforms to enhance the customer journeys and employee journeys
- Evolve the current set of design tools and methods, and create standard process for applying human-centered design and design thinking
- Creating user-centered designs by understanding requirements, and user feedback. Creating user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups. Translating into style guides, design patterns and attractive UI
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback, and adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, and images
- Partner with product management, engineering, and others to bring a user-centered perspective to the creation of PayPal employee experiences
- Works collaboratively with a team of offshore developers on a variety of projects
- Minimum 5-year relevance experience and a compelling portfolio of past work, showcasing a wide variety of UX design outcomes
- An expert in all applied UX skill and software from wire-framing to various prototyping techniques across analogue and digital platforms
- Extensive experience in participating in, and/or leading multi-stakeholder research, and usability studies, recognizing important insights and translating them into compelling UX concepts
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Figma, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Must be able to concentrate, focus and clearly articulate abstract concepts
- Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
BS/BA degree required