The Amazon Advertising User Experience (AUX) team is looking for a UX Writer with exceptional skill for crafting and honing simple, straightforward, and conversational copy that makes even the most complex concepts intuitive and easy to understand.
As a UX Writer on the AUX team, you’ll help craft experiences that allow advertisers of all sizes to effectively promote their brands and products on Amazon. In this role, you’ll partner with business owners, product management, UX designers and researchers, operational experts, and our technical teams to define powerful user experiences that help brands and agencies connect with their customers—programmatically, globally and at scale—where they shop, read, watch videos, and share online. You’ll define and create standards, patterns, and mechanisms to elevate all of our copy to be crisp, clear, and transparent—whether you’re creating user interface text, short-form help content, notifications, or insights.
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we’re responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service advertising products that drive discovery and sales. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily, and we’re breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. Because successful advertising starts with a great customer experience, our team works backwards from the shopper to meet the needs of our advertising customers.
You're a savvy communicator with an unerring ear for voice and tone—and the ability to ruthlessly eliminate the unnecessary. You’re obsessed with understanding the nuances of how our customers think, and you fiercely advocate for the best possible solutions for them. You strive to ensure that customers have the right information—presented in perfect harmony with the visual and interactive design elements of the UX. You quickly gain expertise in the products and services to which you provide content, using them as a user would. You proactively gather data to inform your decisions, and demonstrate sound judgement when faced with ambiguity. You identify opportunities and risks, escalate effectively, and ensure resolution.
· Collaborate with UX designers, product teams, and researchers to craft and hone advertiser-facing language across a variety of contexts from UI components to conversational building blocks to short-form help content.
· Translate a long-term vision into user-centered tenets, success metrics, initiatives, user stories and content.
· Raise the bar for interface/product communication. Drive new processes and mechanisms to establish a unified approach, and drive alignment on voice and tone.
· Own the text for multiple products in partnership with design, development, product management, and marketing to ensure overall strategy meets both product goals and customer needs.
· Anticipate customer needs based on their objectives and explore innovative solutions to customer issues.
· 8+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· Experience working within rapid, iterative design and agile development processes.
· Hands-on experience with: content inventories and audits, content mapping and modeling, voice and tone guidelines, and governance documentation.
· Successful delivery of multi-channel content strategy for a global audience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age