About the role
We want to say this upfront: This isn’t a content marketing or social media role.
We’re in search of a Staff Marketing Content Designer to join our Brand & Audience Expansion team. Our team’s mission is to help Shopify reach new audiences and empower more entrepreneurs. As a Staff Marketing Content Designer, you will create compelling content and collaborate heavily with your peers in Marketing UX to plan, create, and launch brand and marketing campaigns on a mission to inspire and empower more entrepreneurs.
You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate daily with designers, developers, fellow content designers, and video producers to create content, campaigns and experiences geared towards engaging and inspiring our existing merchants and future entrepreneurs.
As a Staff Marketing Content Designer at Shopify, you’ll translate your love of language, a penchant for problem-solving, and a sense of storytelling to craft meaningful, useful, and compelling experiences. You’ll use your varied writing background and experience to write for projects big and small. A shapeshifter at heart, you’ll be able to channel different tones across many touchpoints, while effectively balancing our business goals with those of our merchants. Drawing on a proven history of collaborating across teams and disciplines, you’ll be a bridge-builder and a dot connector. You’ll use your love of helping others and sharing knowledge to help the team learn and grow. Our team is a closely connected, fast paced team that's truly passionate about developing experiences that’ll capture the hearts of new audiences.
- Work with designers, content designers, developers, and video producers to craft campaigns of varying sizes across multiple channels
- Identify, develop, and maintain a unique, consistent tone-of-voice for the brand across all media
- Create landing pages and web experiences in collaboration with program managers, designers, and developers
- Develop various types of campaign content to be used in ads, videos, web, and more
- Act like an owner who cares deeply about the final output as much as the content involved
- Be a teacher, advocating for the importance of content across the company, and empowering everyone at Shopify to write their own great content through training, learning resources, and support
- Support in user research to help develop brand playbooks and learnings for messaging and positioning
- Multi-task across simultaneous projects and deadlines, collaborating with appropriate team members
- Content design / strategy and copywriting experience in an advertising or marketing-focused environment
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality content that improves user experiences and demonstrates strong storytelling abilities
- Direct experience collaborating with a team throughout the project lifecycle
- Experience working with a multi disciplined creative team comprised of video, content, design, and development
- Experience in not only being a writer, but you also care deeply about growth, strategy, and structure too
- Need to take initiative, stays organized, pays close attention to detail, and can handle multiple projects at once
- Hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment (test the copy you create and iterate to find the perfect performance-based solution)
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.