What is the Discovery and Connections team?
Twitter exists to serve the public conversation. The Discovery and Connection Team exists to craft a sense of belonging—helping folx connect with the people, interests and passions that matter to them the most. So whether you stand for BLΛƆKPIИK or you’re just metal head. Whether you obsess over #xerophiles or the right kind of drawing #pencil—or like many reading this, begrudgingly indulge in the drama of #DesignTwitter—it’s all happening here. And Discover and Connections is here to help you find the things that interest you the most.
As part of Discovery and Connections, Explore helps to organize Twitter by Interests, making it fast, fun, and easy to rapidly discover and drill into what's happening. Explore provides a pulse of the public conversation to the world. Movements such as #BLM, #MeToo and Arab spring are happening on Twitter.
You’re a visionary and a problem solver
As a senior or staff level designer you’ll spend as much time developing the future for Explore, connecting the dots with other teams like Interests, Topics and Search. You will open your design process with workshops and gather data to back your decisions. You’ll bring strong opinions about how design can lead a strategic vision and collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners. You will also mentor more junior designers, helping them to build quick experiments and providing guidance.
Bring Twitter’s future into the present
- Problem solver, focused on design in a holistic and systemic way.
- Great balance of Visual and UI craft and foundational UX thinking.
- Gather insights from data and qualitative research, develop hypotheses, sketch solutions with high-fidelity prototypes, and test ideas with our research team and in experiments.
- Articulate your design decisions, optimizing for high impact and quick learning.
- Think about universal designs that can scale not just across platforms but also internationally and across user types.
- Document detailed interaction models and UI specifications.
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the features on Twitter’s app and website.
- Evangelize best UI practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers.
- Mentor other designers.
You have proven skills and impact
- 10+ years experience designing and building products for mobile and desktop experiences
- Experience driving product strategy in collaboration with Product and Engineering leaders.
- Experience designing for machine-learning, rich taxonomies, and / or interest graphs.
- Thrive in ambiguity, bringing clarity and helping to define product direction
- Experience iterating on design with experimentation (e.g. A/B testing)
- Demonstrate ability to define strong hypotheses and incorporate data into your design process
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for identifying and solving customer problems
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable designing and prototyping in high fidelity to help others visualize the future
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
After you complete your application and click submit, you will receive an on-screen success message confirming your application has been submitted. Within 5-10 minutes of submission, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your application has been submitted. If you do not receive a confirmation email, check your spam or trash folder. We strongly recommend you apply with a personal email versus your school email.