Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We are hiring a Product Design Intern for Summer 2022 to help design the future of Slack! Designers serve a vital role here from building the experience of new features, to the craft and finish of each detail. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. You will have the opportunity to work with a small and collaborative team and will be paired with one of our product designers, who will act as your mentor throughout the program!
In addition, as an intern you will have access to resources and events to help you grow both professionally and personally. You will go through global onboarding, product design-specific training, and intern-specific onboarding to ensure you are set up for success. Throughout your internship, you will be part of events including Executive Speaker Series, AMAs, Volunteer Time Off, Workshops, and Socials. You will also have recruiter check-ins, bi-weekly homerooms, general guidance and support to make the most of your internship experience. Lastly, you have access to participate in any of Slack's 7 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
What you will be doing
- Work closely with your mentor and product design leadership to define the details of your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Collaborate with engineering, research, and product management to ensure a high-quality implementation and ship a polished user experience
- Solicit and incorporate feedback on your work from your mentor, other product designers, and multi-functional team members
What you should have
- Must be graduating December 2022 or later
- A strong portfolio, showcasing a foundation in interaction and visual design, typography, and idea generation
- Experience designing for web, mobile and/or desktop products
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
- Proficient in web technologies and design software such as Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Currently pursuing a design degree, Interaction Design, Product Design, or similar
- Experience defining product features