Technical Writer VetsEZ
WritingAtlanta, GA, US, Remote7 days ago
VetsEZ (Veterans EZ Info, Inc.), a verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), is a leading provider of information technology services to commercial and government markets.
VetsEZ is a company of Subject Matter Experts with deep expertise in Healthcare IT and Benefits Delivery. VetsEZ strongly believes in making complexity EZ by providing tangible solutions that improve day-to-day business transactions, maximize efficiencies, eliminate risks, and reduce our clients' costs. For more information, visit us at www.vetsez.com.
VetsEZ is seeking a full-time remote Technical Writer to write and/or edit technical documents, including business proposals, reports, user manuals, briefings and presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements.
- Coordinates work activities and write and edits highly complex technical information technology-related documents, including presentations, manuals, reports, and specifications
- Working with end-users to document Knowledgebase Articles (KBs) to be included in helpdesk situations
- Working with end-users on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) around various technical activities and also to be included in helpdesk situations
- Developing Statement of Work (SOW) / Statement of Objectives (SOO) / Performance Work Statement (PWS) documents
- Research and gather technical and background information for inclusion in project documentation and deliverables.
- Consult relevant information sources, including library resources, technical and financial documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain background information, and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables.
- Commensurate experience, education, and level of supervision and direction
- 3-5 years of relevant technical writing experience and a bachelor's degree in English, journalism, computer science, or related discipline
- Experience writing for a developer or technical audiences - product documentation, technical information
- Experience with all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), mainly creating User's Requirements Document and translation into Functional Requirements Document and Design Document (when applicable)
- Demonstrated experience in the development and maintenance/update of technical documents needed for developers to start coding, distribution of final codes, training guides, and physical training for code deployments
- Ability to interface with technical staff and end-users to understand functional requirements to develop processes and procedures
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-stakeholder agile environment
- Familiarity with creating documentation for the following types of documents to help paint the right picture of the documents they would be working with and producing Technical Writing experience within the Healthcare Industry is a plus
- Knowledge of Network Topology Diagrams and Architecture Diagrams
- Ability to obtain a Government clearance
- Experience with technical Requirements gathering/vetting to ensure detailed and understandable requirements
- 401k with Employer Match
- PTO + Federal Holidays
- Corporate Laptop
- Training opportunities
- Remote Opportunity
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Sorry, we are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.