TikTok Academy Designer (Global Brand Strategy, GBM)
At TikTok our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. The Global Business Marketing team fuels our global business brand and delivers impact to support the efforts of the regional marketing teams to bring this mission to life daily. The vision of Global Business Marketing is to create a global brand that amplifies our mission and establishes TikTok as a unique and critical investment for the industry we serve. Fostering best in class creative work on our platform, inspiring the industry through storytelling and showcasing our unique business brand at scale is the core focus of our collective team. We are creative entrepreneurs at heart, ready to dig in and capitalize on the potential and opportunities of the platform and its creative community. Our purpose is to inspire, educate and unlock the possibilities on TikTok for the marketing community and businesses of all sizes.
We're building a team of self-starters, motivated individuals and problem solvers who thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have an appetite for learning, innovation, and are comfortable working outside your primary skill set and comfort zone. The energy and results you will bring to the table have been proven in your contributions to world class marketing initiatives. Above all, you have a passion for and deep knowledge of TikTok and are full of ideas that will help propel the platform into the future.
We are looking for a talented graphic designer to help our rapidly growing Global Brand Strategy team in crafting compelling, best-in-class content for our TikTok Academy.
This role is responsible for partnering with other designers and strategists of our Brand Strategy team, as well as our in-house creative teams to bring to life communications that are relevant, fun, informative, emotional, educational and that fulfill our growth goals.
This position reports to the TikTok Academy Lead.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Brainstorm with content strategy and creative colleagues to bring social media campaigns and posts to life from concept to execution
• Produce and edit impactful graphics that drive strong results in terms of engagement and calls to action
• Produce on-trend content for the TikTok platform that engages, informs and delights
• Have your finger on the pulse of social trends, internet and meme culture, with a knowledge of how to apply them to our own executions
• Work closely with XFN partners to translate their messaging needs into great creative experiences
• Contribute to a strong and positive creative culture on the team
• Help select and manage potential external vendors and agencies that provide specializations that go outside the core competencies of the in-house team
The ideal candidate will have:
• Understanding of platforms and social media best practices, with experience in social-first production
• Must understand and be able to comply with brand identity & guidelines
• Good communicator, ability to design and articulate your concepts in a clear, concise manner
• Ability to conceptualize across a broad range of aesthetics and styles, and visualize in 3 dimensions
• Knowledge of industry tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and After Effects. Knowledge of 3D (Cinema 4D, Maya or 3ds Max) is a plus
• Detail oriented, ability to deliver a polished product under tight deadlines with impeccable attention to detail
• Understanding of design elements, color, and composition, as well as sensitivity to aesthetic and seasonal trends
• Ability to learn and apply new knowledge and skills quickly, in a fast-paced work environment
• Must be dependable, positive, and open-minded, and be able to clearly communicate both verbally and visually
• Experience working within global markets
• Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented; time management skills, ability to juggle priorities
• Must be able to give and receive constructive feedback in a team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive and innovative thinker
• Portfolio of strong work
• Great with feedback and revisions, including hands on experience turning performance data and insights into actionable optimizations
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.