Electronic Arts is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leader in the mobile game space. Our current projects in live service are Sims Freeplay, Real Racing and Need for Speed however we are also working on new features and whole new games / experiences that will continue to entertain and inspire players around the world.
We’re looking for a highly talented and dedicated UI Artist to work with our Simulation team. In this diverse role, you will collaborate with design and art to build and implement our mobile games user interface and supporting elements, from initial designs through to polished art, icons and implementation you will work with Designers and UX to polish and perfect a rewarding player experience. All the while seeking user and artistic feedback adapting your designs to complement the game.
- Use your full range of art, illustration and graphic design skills to support the interactive design and experience of our games.
- Work within a small, motivated diverse team and communicate effectively.
- Remain current on industry art / graphic design trends.
- Work with the team leadership and brand partners to develop in-game visual style guides and UI design systems.
- Work closely with designers and programmers to implement and test solutions that champion the player facing user experience.
What we are looking for:
- A visual design portfolio that expresses your user interface and graphic design skills and your creative process from creation through to completion.
- Experience partnering with directors, managers, producers, engineers, and leadership to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch and beyond
- Proficiency with the Adobe suite, also (Figma and XD experience is favourable.)
- Ability to take feedback and collaborate with a diverse group of talented creators
- A passion for simulation video games and the mobile videogames industry will help!
- Experience creating visual style guides and design systems and experience designing within the constraints of existing brand identities.
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion.
We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams.
Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.