UI Designer PRA
Graphic DesignUS, Remote2 months ago
Who are we?
We are 16,000+ employees strong, operating in more than 85 countries. We are committed to saving lives and we are constantly striving to be the best at what we do. Our impact is real, and we see it every single day. We help get life-saving drugs into the hands of those who need them most.
In an environment committed to growth, our people thrive. What truly differentiates PRA Health Sciences from anyone else in the world, are our global culture and the people. They enjoy where they work and the work that they do. Teams collaborate from across the hall and around the globe to work and find solutions. There is a pervading sense of common purpose and camaraderie throughout the entire organization.
Who are you?
As a member of the global marketing team, the User Interface / User Experience designer will work directly with the UX & Web Development team, in the ideation, creation and production of intuitive, innovative, beautiful and enjoyable brand web experiences.
As part of PRA’s global Marketing team, we strive to understand our stakeholder and users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform strategy to guide the design of the experiences we create. We are looking for people who share our passion for translating amazing ideas into innovative experiences to solve business problems and drive customer engagement.
The candidate must possess good communications skills, a human-centered design approach, a portfolio showcasing an understanding of digital design best practices, experience with modern web development practices, and strong project management skills.
While the UX/ UI Designer is responsible for working in partnership with PRA’s Global Marketing team (including developers, content managers, social media and events, copy and design), this position will also regularly work with other groups outside of the Global Marketing team to solve complex user experience problems and articulate clear design requirements in a human-centered framework.
- Participate in user research activities such as user interviews, surveys, and usability studies
- Translate research insights into product ideas and solutions
- Design user flows, wireframes and pixel-perfect high fidelity mockups at a high level and build out refined details
- Prototype concepts for communication with the business, to aid in presentations, development, and usability studies
- Collaborate with other UX designers and developers to bring mock-ups to life
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into elegant design decisions based on data, trends, and industry best practices
- Present, articulate, and sell design ideas and recommendations to management and business stakeholders
- Contribute to the team by creating exceptional digital experiences and design best practices
- Be a valued, respected and respectful representative of the Global Marketing team
- Work in partnership with other team (such as design, social, email) to implement UI patterns that ensure visual consistency across all mediums and formats
- Work closely with developers to translate UI designs into amazing experiences
- Document and maintain user interface design specification and templates, including keeping our UI design pattern library up to date
- Provide a strong portfolio showcasing visual, UX and development experience
- Experience creating process flows, user flows, prototypes, highly detailed wireframes and high fidelity mockups for early stage ideas and complex web (enterprise and mobile preferred) applications
- Core design skills: information architecture, UX documentation, visual communication and hierarchy
- Expert-level knowledge of industry-standard design tools like Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Zeplin, Axure, etc
- Experience designing from a UI design pattern library
- Experience using industry-standard design, prototyping, and user-flow tools such as Axure, Overflow, Sketch, Creative Cloud and Figma
- Ability to sketch and generate big-picture ideas for early-stage UX work
- Ability to seek opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways
- Working knowledge of web development with familiarity of multi-platform development techniques
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, nor or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities