UI/UX Designer CarLabs
UX UICanada, CA, US, Remote3 months ago
We are a small startup company with headquarters in Southern California. Our proprietary platform allows automotive brands to create intelligent conversational agents that can scale from one vehicle to many instantly.
The virtual agents have the intelligence to answer questions without a human having to write them first. Our clients are car manufacturers and dealers.
We need a talented UI/UX designer to join our small development team and help us be more customer-centric. Our technology is awesome, our interface design and interactions should be equally as good.
We are specifically looking for a contributor who doesn’t mind working alongside development and product in order to define the best user experience, a standard set of UI components, frameworks, and paradigms. We are using off-the-shelf experiences and it’s time to really focus on how to make our technology shine.
Full-time or part-time possible
Responsibilities for UI Designer
- Be the design authority @ CarLabs
- Develop a set of SaaS oriented standards for components, design, and usage paradigms
- Create overall concepts for the user experience within a business webpage or product, ensuring all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers
- Help product management define scenarios and metrics for success measurement
- Analyze customer responses and website data to determine high traffic web pages and why some perform better than others
- Design the aesthetics to be implemented within a website or product, from the layout menus and drop-down options to colors and fonts
- Build storyboards to conceptualize designs and convey project plans to clients and management
- Account for and track the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design
- Conduct testing of completed applications, websites, and software to Assess user experience
Qualifications for UI Designer
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UI design
- Worked on SaaS products in previous roles
- Experience being a part of a development team in a direct capacity
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces
- Experience creating storyboards and site mapping
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize data for the best possible outcome
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently
- Professional written and interpersonal skills
- Continued education and research into UI trends and current design strategy and technology
- Experience with coding and ability to troubleshoot using HTML, CSS, and comparable languages
- Experience with Angular as a FE considered a positive