At Amazon, we put our customers first in everything we do. This includes the advertising solutions we create to connect brands, businesses, and agencies with their customers globally and at scale. The Advertising User Experience (AUX) team is seeking a teammate with exceptional behavioral research skills and creativity to work collaboratively with UX design, data science, engineering, and product management through all aspects of the product development life-cycle. In this role, you will have significant impact on our flagship enterprise advertising products by helping our team use data-driven insights to inspire product changes that push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Prior experience with advertising technology is not a prerequisite for this role, but obsessing over the customer certainly is one. We are part of a strategic and well-funded area of growth for Amazon, which is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily, and we’re breaking fresh ground to create advertising solutions to support this growth. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team, building truly unique and innovative solutions, with a relentless focus on customers, then you’ve come to the right place.
· Work with UX designers, product managers, and engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
· Ability to balance speed with experimental rigor when determining which research methods to apply during each phase of product development.
· Confidently communicate research insights and opportunities for improvement to a diverse audience of stakeholders using clear and concise verbal and written communication.
· Contribute to product roadmaps with cross-functional leaders.
(NYC based. But open to Seattle and/or Santa Monica locations as well.)
· 3+ years of work experience in an applied research setting and/or product development.
· A portfolio demonstrating past work experience and research deliverables that resulted in product and/or business impact.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
· Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
· Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
· 5 years of work experience, including experience integrating user research into product designs.
· Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
· Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.