- MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Sociology, Psychology, quantitative social science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing research teams.
- Experience working cross-functionally with teams.
- Experience in a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, MATLAB, C++, Java or Go).
- Quantitative analysis experience in a data science or an applied research setting.
- Experience/coursework in psychometrics.
- Experience communicating with cross-functional stakeholders of varying levels with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Expertise in data visualization techniques and tools.
- Comfortable designing, executing, and analyzing surveys.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s UX leaders help define and drive the future of Google design. They create and clarify strategy, conceptualize UX ecosystems in ways that mitigate complexity, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. They possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. You are a thoughtful team leader, manager, expert researcher, and visionary. You'll be responsible for guiding the careers of your team members, working closely with each of them to help them realize their full potential.
UX Research Managers are fierce advocates for the people who use our products as well as the members of their teams. You’re an expert at using qualitative research methods such as field studies, interviews, and diary studies to shape product development and influence overall strategy.
In this role, you’ll take the time to understand not just the execution side of UX, but also the business aspects of the products we build. You’ll collaborate with leaders of other UX, Engineering, and Product Management teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products, leveraging your passion for brand, craft, and design quality.
Our goal is to provide excellent Help and Support experiences for all Google products, by enabling users to find the best solution for them as quickly as possible.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Grow the UXR team, including hiring, developing processes to cultivate effective research, and building an inclusive culture
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to ensure long-term product strategy and short-term roadmaps are informed with user data and insights
- Conduct mixed-methods strategic and tactical research to identify opportunities for the Product Uplift team to create new and improve existing platforms and tools for collecting product feedback and sentiment data from users
- Collaborate closely with the other teams within Google Support Platform and the wider Customer Engineering UXR team