The world is still adjusting to a pandemic and recurring lockdown life. Never, before has the orchestration of delivery systems been more important—for humans and the planet. The Business Application Platform design studio is looking for a user researcher to help streamline the world’s most connected real-time inventory and order fulfillment solution that impacts millions of peoples’ lives every day. You will support the product team as part of our larger Design Research team – a diverse team of researchers that come from various research backgrounds that include academia and applied product design.
At Microsoft, we believe that great UX design is grounded in deep insights about our users. That’s where you come in! You will build a deep understanding of users, competition and market, and conduct analyses in a fast-paced, agile environment. You’ll have experience conducting a variety of analyses in different situations, from exploratory analyses to generate hypotheses, to driving UX health metrics that shape the Power BI experience. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering exciting oral, written, and visual presentations about your findings.
Digital Transformation Studios ships business apps that meet the same usability, performance, and design standards as the very best consumer apps: Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Power Flow, Stream, and many more. As a design team, our goal is to bring humanity and simplicity to every product we design, and Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management is a key new product for customers. Our customers range from people with highly technical skills to front-line workers using cloud-enabled devices and services. As researchers, we are customer-obsessed and advocate for them in the product design & development process.
We're growing, and we'd love for you to be a part of our story! Come join a positive and collaborative team — where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic selves — and work at the forefront of Microsoft’s product portfolio.
- Work closely with cross-functional product teams to develop a research strategy that includes generative and evaluative research studies, and ensure the right data is being collected to positively impact the product direction
- Conduct a mixture of qualitative and quantitative research activities to inform product design, including but not limited to: usability studies, heuristic evaluations, interviews, surveys, user journey maps, benchmarks and personas
- Communicate your findings in a clear, concise, and visual (when appropriate) manner to our key stakeholders on the product and design teams, and drive meaningful action based on those findings
- Create durable research insights that align with user-centered design principles and positively impact Microsoft's product portfolio
- A minimum of MA/MS in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field, OR significant industry experience
- 1-3 years of experience conducting product design research
- Demonstrated experience with a wide variety of design research methodologies including, but not limited to: usability studies, field studies, in-depth interviews, heuristic evaluations, concept validation, user journey maps, benchmarks, scorecards, competitive reviews, and surveys
- Ability to quickly and effectively analyze research data and present rich findings simply and clearly to influence product design and direction
- Strong leadership skills to deliver projects and customer insights within and across product teams that resulted in strong product impact
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.