The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them. We ask that our team members be physically located in Central European time or Eastern Standard/Daylight time zones for the purposes of our collaboration hours.
We are seeking a User Researcher to join our Product Insights team, focusing on Personalization. We have several roles open across different levels of seniority.
Your work will be critical in helping us understand the needs of our users, define our understanding of music, audio so we can develop how we personalize at Spotify. This role works closely with a multidisciplinary team of data scientist, product teams, designers and data engineers.
Your work will impact the way the world experiences music and audio!
What You'll Do:
- Identify and prioritize research studies
- Design studies and develop hypotheses examining users’ behaviors, needs, and attitudes
- Use a wide variety of mixed research methods: qualitative and quantitative methods
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects
- Synthesize and communicate research results to different audiences in Spotify to help magnify the impact of the findings
- Evangelize tools and best practices to empower product managers, designers and developers to conduct research
- Contribute to the development of the Product Insights function and the wider analytics community at Spotify
- Mentor and coach other user researchers
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum of 3+ years relevant applied experience with a degree or higher in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Social Science, or a related discipline
- Recent experience in a research role
- You have broad experience of qualitative research methods
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English)
- You are an independent thinker, able to work autonomously, capable of taking on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment
Where You'll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.