23andMe is looking for a passionate design intern to join our Design team this summer!
At 23andMe, design plays a pivotal role in how people think about genetics, ancestry, health, and lifestyle. You will help build engaging and personalized features that empower individuals to gain insight into and take action on their personal genetic information. The design team works closely with engineering, product, research and marketing to continually improve the user experience across web, ios and android platforms. We are looking for a design intern to partner with us in prioritizing the user in all the features we develop. Come work alongside some of the brightest minds in design and technology.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
As a User experience design intern, you have a background in UX, UI, human-computer interaction or a related discipline, coupled with an understanding of user research practices. You’ve had some experience designing and are eager for more hands-on experience to refine and demonstrate your skills. You’re ready to take what you’ve studied and translate that into making an impact on real-world user experiences.
- Strong design sensibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Compelling portfolio of interactive design work
What you’ll do
As a UX Design intern, you will have the opportunity to work alongside user researchers, content strategists and designers to improve the user experience of the 23andMe product.
- Collaborate with UX research to understand the current users/process and identify how it could be improved
- Create deliverables in the form of user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity designs that solve the user problem identified
- Partner with designers, product managers, content strategists, UX researchers, and developers
- Use strong communication skills to present, articulate design recommendations and decisions within cross-functional teams and stakeholders
What you’ll bring / Requirements
- Passionate about user-centered experiences
- Experience with user research and data analysis
- Plus one or more of the following software proficiencies:
- Graphic design tools: Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4D
- Prototyping tools: Principal, Framer, Unity, Xcode
- Interested in health, genetics, or ancestry