UX Design Intern Align Tech
UX UICA, US, Remotea month ago
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles, changing lives
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our diverse and collaborative teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
If you’re a student interested in building real-world UX Design experience with an experienced team that is never comfortable with status quo and constantly pushes the boundaries to better meet user needs. If you're truly passionate about your users and have passion through empathy, this is the position for you.
The User Centric Design team is in the process of creating a centralized design components library with the objective of speeding up the design process, consistency among product designs, etc. At the end of this initiative we will have a Web and Mobile Design System which will be shared with all of our designers, our development team, regions and agencies (when working with us).
Align is the industry leader and innovator in medical devices which focuses on revolutionizing the dental and orthodontic industry. Align, makers of Invisalign ®, is Fortune's 100 fastest growing global company with $1.6B revenue past four quarters. We're in the business of delivering great smile. We would love for you to join a fun and cutting-edge technology company that has helped create over 6 Million Smiles.
Team at Align is focused on providing stellar experience through digital platform. It's an exciting opportunity to join this startup-like unit within Align Tech having financial stability of large company to re-imagine the marketplace platform at global scale and make a major impact towards the future of the company.
In this role, you will…
- Work on visual design, prototypes, and guidelines for Align’s user interfaces.
- Work with the User Centered Designers to expand the existing Design System by creating new design components, migrating existing components to the new design direction, reviewing with rest of designers and also providing feedback.
- Collaborate with the Director of User Centered Design to develop design concepts.
- Research the industry standard pattern for the Design System elements that you will work on to suggest components that can scale and be used across all our digital applications.
- Present your design suggestions with the thought behind your designs.
- Receive feedback from the team and make any necessary changes.
- Assemble final presentation to the team.
- Create solutions to address real customer’s needs and expectation with a great design craft, experience and attention to details.
- Participate in rapid design exploration and presentation of future product concepts, present ideas and designs in tangible forms (e.g., sketches, graphic mockups, prototypes).
- Participate in usability studies to evaluate new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change.
In this role, you’ll need …
- Graphic Design major preferred.
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, colors and other design fundamentals.
- Experience with Figma
- Online portfolio with a range of your design work.
- Good visual skills
- Ability to collaborate actively and effectively with other designers. Also leveraged knowledge from Sr. UX Designers in the team.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates your previous design work.
- Ability to manage timewisely across priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work
- Can demonstrate a bias for actionin a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- You excel at simplifying ambiguoussituations or complex ideas into easy-to-understand designs.
- You're never comfortable with status quoand constantly pushes the boundaries and can share your view with other designers.
- You're truly passionate about your end users and have demonstrate this passion through empathy, delivering great experiences, improving processes, and have driven user focused mind.
- Understanding of information design / architecture, gestalt principles, and user psychology
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the "Apply" link to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, Align is quickly growing so we are creating more opportunities to expand our Align family. Please consider joining our Talent Network to receive notifications about future jobs or sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Align Technology is a publicly traded medical device company that is transforming smiles and changing lives. Our global team of talented employees develop innovative technology, tools and treatment options to help dental professionals worldwide achieve the clinical results they expect.
Our digital ecosystem combines the power of technology to create beautiful smiles through the integration of AI and machine learning, digital imaging and visualization, biomechanics and material science to develop the Invisalign system, the most advanced clear aligner system in the world; iTero Intraoral Scanners and OrthoCAD digital services. Did you know? Align is the world’s largest manufacturer of custom 3D-printed materials.
By joining Align, you will be part of a global, fast-growing company in one of the most dynamic industries. Great people, innovative technologies, and meaningful work – these are just some of the things employees say make Align Technology a great place to work.
We respect your privacy. Please review our Applicant Privacy Policies for additional information.
Global Diversity Statement:
At Align, we believe in the power of a smile, and we know that every smile is as unique as our employees. As we grow, we will continue building a workforce of diverse cultural backgrounds and life experiences and fostering a culture of open-mindedness and compassion for all our employees. We live our company values by promoting healthy people and healthy communities. All with the intent of changing millions of lives, one unique smile at a time.
Equal Opportunity Statement
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all of our employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for positions with Align must be legally authorized to work in the country which they are applying for and verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.