UX Design Intern CBORD
UX UIDuluth, GA, US, Remotea month ago
CBORD and Horizon are the world’s leading providers of integrated technology solutions powering housing, access, foodservice, nutrition, eCommerce, and card systems for K-12 and higher education, acute care, senior living, and business campuses. Our success and growth are directly attributed to our DREAMteam. Our culture is built on integrity, respect for our people, and continuous personal development. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit, where creativity, innovative problem solving, and learning agility drive our day-to-day actions.
DREAMteam (how we refer to all of us) You’re engaged and self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly driving improvement and innovation. You act as a change agent. You’re a team player contributing to a collaborative and diverse work environment. We question the status quo and so should you. You are accountable and focused and take smart risks. You’re an extension of our talent acquisition team – always scouting top talent to join our team.
As a UX Design Intern, you’ll focus on understanding the complex goals of our users and the important work they need to accomplish. You’ll be involved in all phases of the product design process including research, discovery, design, and development. You’ll be collaborating with a talented team of product professionals, client stakeholders and accomplished engineers.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Contributing to research plans, identifying areas of data to be collected and analysis methods to be used.
- Coordinating with business stakeholders to recruit participants
- Conducting usability tests of upcoming projects with expert and novice users both remotely and in person
- Exploring the complexity of user’s tasks and the nuances of the surrounding environments and systems.
- Conceptualizing and visualizing mental models and customer journey and empathy maps
- Proposing and participating in design solutions
- Assessing our software accessibility and usability to make recommendations for enhancements using WCAG (accessibility) and heuristic principles (usability) frameworks as guides
- Reporting the results to business stakeholders
- Advancing our design system to ensure standards ae scaled to future products
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- A rigorous approach user research and design
- Ability to present your work to cross-functional teams in a clear and concise manner
- An inquisitive nature that seeks understanding
- Comprehension of basic UX and UI best practices
- Experience conducting usability evaluations (even if in a school setting)
- Fanaticism about taxonomies, systems, and schemas
- Experience producing low-fidelity wireframes via paper, whiteboard, design tool
- Familiarity with Section 508 and WCAG Accessibility standards
- Understanding of heuristic evaluation process
What’s Good to Know
- Our team is partially composed of remote team members, including some outside the US. It may be necessary for occasional meetings outside normal working hours.
- You will need to be comfortable interacting with customers and end users occasionally.
Who You’ll Work With
- (reporting to) CBORD and Horizon Manager, UX and Accessibility.
- A team of UI engineers, product designers, UX architects, and researchers.
- Product and market owners for achieving business goals.
- QA professionals for achieving design quality
Why Join the DREAMteam: DREAMperks
- Eligible team members have access to a robust health insurance plan on their first day of employment.
- To encourage, motivate and challenge team members to take an active interest in their health and well-being, the Company provides a Wellness Benefit of $200 for the calendar year.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program.
Eligible team members are granted with the following paid time off annually:
- Vacation: 15 vacation days; pro-rated during the first year
- Holidays: 10 paid holidays each year
- Sick Time: 5 sick days; pro-rated during the first year
- Personal days: 3 personal days; pro-rated during the first year
Planning for the Future
- Employer paid Life Insurance / AD&D / Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability Insurance / Term Life Insurance / AD&D
- Access to FSA Plans & Commuter Benefit Plans
- 401(k) Savings Plan where the Company matches team member contributions $0.50 for every dollar saved up to 8% of pay.
- Access to the Roper Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental Leave Program
Make an Impact
DREAMcares (The Company’s outreach initiative to support our extended community)
- Eligible employees will have access to 3 paid days off annually to serve at a qualified and approved organization.
This description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not intended to determine all specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)