Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We’re looking for a skilled Experience Designer Intern who will become part of our team for the summer and create an incredible experience for our players. We’re picturing someone who is passionate about Maxis games and is invigorated by the idea of working on a completely new game. If this sounds like you, we're looking forward to seeing your resume!
- Partner with Experience Designers, Game Designers and UX Researchers to create user-centered designs for existing and new game features and player experiences.
- You take an empathetic view of the user, and to interpret that into a systematic design solution.
- Support the pre-production with conceptual UX wireframes.
- Design wireframes and prototypes while iterating based on research, team feedback, and user playtest feedback.
- Work within an established UX & UI framework & ensure UX standards are well maintained and socialized.
- You will also create UI components for your designs and be responsible for implementing into the game.
- Partner closely with UI Engineers to assure that your designs are able to be implemented elegantly into the game’s existing UI systems.
- You can adapt to changing tasks and requirements and are able to manage scope of your designs and deliverables accordingly.
- You have a strong desire to learn and grow.
- You are currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field of study, slated to graduate no earlier than May 2022
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Super passionate about user-centered design for PC, Console and mobile experiences.
- A passion for simulation/casual/lifestyle games.
- A love for playing, deconstructing and making great games.
- Open communicator with excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to align business requirements, design methodologies, and technology factors to create user-centered designs.
- Demonstrate the ability to craft and follow a user-centered design process: starting by framing a challenge, then research and insights, and finally concept and implementation.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and various prototyping tools i.e Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, Invision.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume or an attached PDF portfolio. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.