- Experience in leading and managing a team.
- Experience in UI/UX, interactive design, and visual communication.
- Experience in full product life cycle from design through deployment.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in the technology industry.
- Ability to be a thought leader and influence executive stakeholders.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s UX leaders help define and drive the future of Google design. They create and clarify product strategy, conceptualize UX ecosystems in ways that mitigate complexity, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. They possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. You are a thoughtful team leader, manager, systems-level design thinker, and visionary - with strong instincts and outstanding intuition informed by user needs and insights. You'll be responsible for guiding the careers of your team members, working closely with each of them to help them realize their full potential.
UX Design Managers are fierce advocates for the people who use our products as well as the members of their teams. They have a practiced eye for effective design, and are committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows.
In this role, you’ll take the time to understand not just the execution side of UX, but also the business aspects of the products we build. You’ll collaborate with leaders of other UX, Engineering, and Product Management teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products, leveraging your passion for brand, craft, and design quality.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Leading and mentoring a team of designers.
- Delivering on all aspects of UI/UX design, from strategy to execution.
- Translating user needs, business goals, and technology requirements to drive design decisions.
- Partnering with and influencing executive engineering, product managers, UX researchers, privacy, legal, and marketing partners.
- Building a user-centric vision for features across Chrome surfaces including iOS, Android, and desktop.