Dwolla is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Des Moines and has been recognized by Fast Company as ‘one of the world’s most innovative companies.’ Joining the team at Dwolla means you will be entering a unique and open culture where we ship to production daily with a remote-first mindset and working model.
As a leader in the product organization, the User Experience Design Lead will help define the experiential vision and strategy for designing Dwolla product enhancements and new product offerings. This leader will take an active role in transferring their knowledge and expertise to the design team and beyond. They will teach, train, and mentor other designers on the UX team while supporting and evangelizing the company vision up, down and across the company.
The User Experience Design Lead will be responsible for leading UX activities and team initiatives including discovery, research and UX design inclusive of product team members, software engineers, and internal stakeholders.
- Leads and manages the UX team through close collaboration with cross-functional peers
- Owning the end-to-end user experience of our products
- Leads the discovery process and loops in relevant team partners
- Directs customer research activities
- Excellent competitive research skills and strong awareness of industry trends.
- Views UX design work within the overall Dwolla ecosystem and advocates for consistency in experiences.
- Oversees long-term vision of Design System and shapes enhancements and additions based on current and future product needs
- Draws new insights from multiple data sources to better identify and solve design problems
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Intense passion for design and user experience
- ~8 years of UX Design Experience Required - you must have a link to your portfolio on your resume
- Extensive experience designing for complex, interactive web applications
- Strong ability to craft a user experience vision and communicate that vision to peers and stakeholders
- Ability to prototype what you design
- Subpixel attention to detail
- Ability to lead, influence and inspire your team
- Communication skills to clearly articulate and defend design decisions
- Self-motivation and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% to meet with customers and/or key stakeholders
At Dwolla, we value diversity and hold the core belief that the best teams are built by the inclusion of diverse ideas, experiences, and people.
Join our team and bring your unique perspective to support a world that can move money simply and securely.