The Brand and Selling Partner Development team is focused on evolving how Brands and Sellers grow. You will be directly involved in defining the future experiences that will enable growth and success for Sellers of all types and sizes.
A day in the life
As a UX Design Manager on our team, you will have autonomy to do what you think is best for our Sellers, you will partner with designers and product team members and you will help bring together all disciplines to better serve our growing business through effective design best practices.
About the hiring group
Amazon’s Brand and Selling Partner Development design team is growing! We are seeking a UX Design Manager to help us continue evolving how Brands and Sellers run, manage and grow their business on Amazon.com. Our seasoned team is adept at creating, building and shipping tools and services that support the brand and seller experience. We move quickly by understanding which decisions are two-way doors and which are not. We are not interested in being the loudest voices in the room nor insisting on rigid definitions and adherence to roles. Instead, we want our logic challenged, our assumptions tested, and our thinking broadened. The ideal candidate will be customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable managing in an environment with a strong bias for action.
We are open to hiring for this role in New York City, Seattle, or Phoenix.
As a UX Design Manager, you will work closely with research, product managers, marketing and engineers to design and develop bar raising seller experiences. You will manage and lead a growing team of designers at various stages in their career. You will mentor and teach and partner with our org's leadership to create and promote a creative, inclusive culture.
To succeed at this job, you will need to be an active listener, an adept teacher and a highly capable mentor willing to partner with your designers to not only product the best product design work possible but also the best career growth for our team members. You will use your past individual contributor expense to help inform our design directions, our processes and our partnerships. You will be comfortable providing direction while still allowing your team to enjoy autonomy and freedom in making two-way door decisions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of quantitative and qualitative professional research experience • Experience building, executing and scaling research teams and programs • Ability to work as in individual contributor and a leader • Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements • Experience presenting metrics and outcomes to senior leadership • Demonstrated success running global research projects simultaneously • Deep understanding across a range of the latest qualitative and quantitative research methods • Proficiency of research design & complex statistical analysis and familiarity with a wide range of methods and tools
· Fluency in interaction design
· Experience helping to deliver products or feature experiences with superior ease of use for desktop and/or mobile
· Strong bias for action with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver results
· A belief that ideas can come from anywhere and anybody regardless of job title or discipline
· Familiarity with usertesting.com and the ability to launch tests, distill feedback and turn around iterations
· Self-directed with the ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize
· Willingness to contribute wherever necessary to meet team goals (for example, by doing hands on design, helping with ideation and brainstorming sessions, or providing design feedback)
· Ability to make smart, timely decisions with an understanding of when to own a decision and when to get input
· A portfolio containing a wide variety of design projects