We are looking for a high-caliber and tested design leader to create innovative experiences that connect brands/businesses/authors with their customers; globally and at scale. In this role, you’ll lead (and grow) a high-performing team of UX professionals—working collaboratively with user research, engineering, and product management through all aspects of the product development life-cycle.
This work has strategic significance and high exposure. You'll have the opportunity to build new advertising solutions starting with product definition. Most importantly, you will have a direct impact on the customer experience of shoppers, advertisers, and brand-owners globally.
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high-quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, truly innovative advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
· Own the end-to-end design process and deliverables.
· Translate business needs into customer-focused retail and enterprise solutions.
· Responsibly and effectively advocate for customers; imparting day-to-day strategic design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, content, business and technology needs.
· Grow and mentor design talent.
· Partner with user researchers and product managers to appropriately assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features (using, usability findings, customer feedback, site metrics, etc.)
Our ideal candidate is a pragmatic manager who is at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then driving that vision into solid design deliverables (e.g. UI, IA, prototypes) with their team.
· 6+ years of design experience
· Experience managing teams
· 3+ years experience in design leadership roles, with direct management of 4+ designers.
· A comprehensive online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating past experience of shipped work.
· Able to work in a diverse team.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to gracefully defend your team’s design decisions.
· Proven ability to work cross-team, synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, customer research/analytics and to design creative solutions.
· Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
· Experience designing products for global markets.
· Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration and learning is encouraged.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.