MuleSoft, an independent business unit of Salesforce, is looking for an exceptional Design Manager to lead a team of creative professionals. This individual will support our continued investment in the Buenos Aires region. We are looking for creative leaders who understand the local market and can grow a team of designers in Argentina.
About Product Design at MuleSoft
MuleSoft has an entrepreneurial culture, and a creative and forward-thinking mindset. The Product and Content Experience team is a highly collaborative organization of talented practitioners who are mission-driven to serve our users. Come help us build impactful and innovative things!
About the Product
MuleSoft is changing how the world connects by building a platform that unlocks information and simplifies the design and management of enterprise data integrations. APIs are the catalyst for this change, and MuleSoft has been at the forefront of this innovation since launching the first true enterprise iPaaS (integration platform as a service) system, Anypoint Platform.
Anypoint is a highly scalable product that offers enterprise-level services to help companies join their systems-of-record into an application network, increasing the speed of their businesses. Anypoint serves a wide variety of users, from highly technical developers, to non-technical business users like legal or compliance teams. Above all, the goal of Mulesoft products is to make data integration dramatically easier for all. MuleSoft offers a range of products, from robust IDEs for developers, to low-code integration tools for business users.
About the Role
You’ll lead and manage a team of designers responsible for one or more of our core product areas. You’ll partner closely with your product manager and engineering leaders to define a UX strategy for the core platform. While you may be asked to pitch in on the rare occasion, this is a management role and we expect you to build a great team to do the work, not to do it yourself.
- Building a high performing, diverse team that delivers exceptional experiences for our end users in a timely manner. Hire top talent and develop existing talent
- Cultivating an inclusive, constructive, and collaborative culture within your team
- Shaping and driving the UX strategy for our core platform
- Driving your team to utilize a user-centered approach to solve design challenges and support business needs
- Giving and receiving feedback, early and often
- Proven ability to lead a team of UX designers
- Demonstrated ability to develop talent
- Expertise in building out a UX strategy with strong cross-functional support and involvement
- Proven ability to manage the end-to-end design process, including: user research, interaction design, interface and information design, and visual design
- Demonstrated ability to keep the user at the center of the product development process under the most challenging of circumstances
- Expertise in the craft of design with a portfolio showing some combination of user journeys, wireframes, visual design and prototypes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with design system and UX research teams
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent cross-disciplinary collaboration
- Basic understanding of Accessibility (Color contrast, Screen reader, ARIA markup)
Domain experience in enterprise software tools and software aimed at technical audiences (developers, IT operations, etc.) is valuable, but is not required. We want great designers and managers, not subject matter experts.
- Enterprise software development experience
- Awareness of, or familiarity with cloud-based developer tools and developer UX needs
- OSDE 410, Medical Plan for the family group
- Long Term Savings Plan
- Additional Life Insurance Coverage
- Monthly Meal and Grocery Allowance
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- Annual Education Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- Extended Parental Leave
- Fertility and Adoption Support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Referral Program
- And more!