UX Design Researcher Dolby
ResearchUS, Remote2 months ago
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones.
We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby Customer is a customer success platform that provides our users with a range of tools and services to enable them to reach their goals. The platform allows users to download software and SDKs, access test materials, view online documentation, get help via various self-service tools and more—all in service of helping our customers and partners deliver spectacular experiences. Dolby Customer is constantly evolving, with new features and functionality added on a regular basis, ensuring that we can respond to our customer’s needs with powerful, innovative solutions.
As a UX Researcher, your role is critical to the success of the platform. You will join a close-knit, cross-functional team and help them to understand our users’ attitudes, behaviors, motivations, and goals. Your primary responsibility is to develop our research and testing strategy, and lead activities that will further enhance Dolby Customer as a user-focused destination that drives successful business outcomes.
Your methods will include interviews, surveys, observation, ethnography, data analysis, usability testing and more, and you’ll be responsible for synthesizing, sharing and explaining your findings to the team and to project stakeholders (including at the executive leadership level). Additionally, you will have the opportunity to make real your recommendations in the form of flow diagrams, wireframes and other early-stage design work, helping the team to visualize the information architecture of the site, and providing a basis for testing these ideas using clickable prototypes.
We expect that you will be an expert in the field of UX research, and highly competent in interaction design, wireframing and prototyping.
- Work with the project leadership team to develop a research strategy for the Dolby Customer platform.
- Lead research activities such as interviews, surveys, usability studies, log analysis, field visits
- Advocate for your findings and help stakeholders understand them using written reports, data visualization, video montages and presentations.
- Articulate opportunities that are revealed by your research and work closely with Product Managers, developers and other UX designers to prioritize them.
- Producing user flows, wireframes and prototypes in collaboration with other UX designers on the team
Show Us That...
- You have a few years’ experience successfully designing and running research and testing activities.
- You are a strong communicator and influencer, who can convey sometimes difficult concepts and sell the benefits of user research to a diverse audience.
- You can design and run research programs using a broad variety of tools, such as ethnography, interviewing, focus groups, diary studies, surveys, usability tests, heuristic analysis, etc.
- You can design and run tests using methods such as direct and remote observation, moderated and unmoderated testing, A/B testing, benchmarking, etc.
- You have strong skills in other UX roles, particularly interaction design and information architecture.
- You have experience working on complex enterprise platforms with many different touchpoints.
- You thrive in ambiguity, love to learn and are keen to grow as a UX researcher and interaction designer.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.