Millions of people love and use Excel for business, research, school, and even to create art. Are you interested in designing for real people who are passionate about their favorite tool? Want to help community leaders make confident decisions? Empower scientists to organize and model human systems and educators and students collaborate? If so, the Office Apps and Growth Design team is looking for a designer and thinker who can create simple and beautiful experiences for the next generation of getting work done in Excel.
Office Apps and Growth Studio is the heart and soul of Microsoft productivity applications: from the touchstone products Word, Excel and PowerPoint to Inking, Voice, Touch, Editor, Office Platforms and much more. We are reimagining the user experiences at the core of modern productivity: writing, collaborating, presenting, finding and reusing content, analyzing data and managing all the tasks in between. We believe in the power of design to transform and enrich people’s lives in meaningful ways.
If you are a UX Designer with a passion for crafting modern innovative experiences that are inclusive, intelligent, human-centered, and are used by over a billion people world-wide we’d love for you to apply. Come join us in Office Apps and Growth Studio.
Come join us to meet the exciting challenge of product evolution!
- Deliver world-class interaction designs from concept through finished implementation.
- Create and evaluate design solutions based on user research, user goals, and business requirements
- Solve complex design problems in simple and intuitive ways combining multiple aspects of the design workflow to create delightful experiences
- Produce design visualizations to support understanding and analysis of user value and experiences: storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces
- Work collaboratively with product management, visual and interaction designers, editors, engineers, and user researchers to iterate and deliver flawlessly
- Advocate for design solutions by framing and evaluating them in context of business and user goals to guide product direction.
Essential knowledge, skills, and experience
- A portfolio demonstrating well thought through and polished end-to-end customer journeys
- 4+ years of industry experience in interactive design and/or visual design
- Proven experience in creatively solving complex design issues across multidisciplinary groups such as engineering, product management, research and marketing and shipping relevant experiences.
- Ability to create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, and other communication artifacts
- Excellent storytelling skills to generate empathy, craft a vision, design for impact, using written and verbal communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- The ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately and prioritize tasks and goals independently
- Developing and working with design systems - creating, documenting and applying established design principles and interaction patterns
The following experience is preferred, but not a requirement to apply
- A Bachelor’s degree in Design (or related field) or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency in current industry standard design tools, such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- User-centric approach to design and an understanding of how to apply research insights into design and development of the product experience.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio demonstrating your design process, UX flows, interaction patterns and visual design skills in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio cannot be considered.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.