Join us to make history as we build a world-class Amazon Hub pickup and returns customer experience! Amazon Hubs are free-standing, self-service kiosks ("Lockers") and walk-up, full-service locations ("Counters") located around the world in convenience stores, grocery stores, shopping centers, transit stations, multifamily buildings and other retail locations where Amazon customers can pick up their orders.
As customer interest in buy online, pickup in store ("BOPIS") expands globally, Amazon Hub is growing exponentially and working closely with emerging Amazon pickup programs to build a cohesive customer experience onsite and in-store for all existing and future flavors of Amazon pickup.
This UX Designer will have a significant opportunity to define the unified customer experience for Amazon shoppers in the Amazon Shopping app and on Amazon.com.
You’ll partner closely with research, product, technical, and business operations stakeholders to uphold a high bar for millions of diverse customers across the end-to-end shopping journey. You will partner with various other Amazon teams to create a unified pickup CX across various pickup programs.
Key job responsibilities
- Plan and propose innovative solutions for a wide variety of product design challenges including, but not limited to: mobile, desktop, hardware interfaces, physical environments, and person to person interactions.
- Lead the design for wholly new experiences and improvements of existing experiences while planning and defining strategy for the direction of future iterations.
- Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context the inputs that influenced the design decisions including business and user goals, demographic and usage data, and research findings.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Deliver work that's not only user-friendly, aesthetically engaging, but which also produces results.
- Work collaboratively with engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle.
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications.
- Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback.
- Contribute to the group’s shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies.
- 3+ years of UX design experience
- An available online portfolio
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), a related field, or 4+ years of additional experience
- Experience with a variety of design tools (eg. Figma, Sketch, Illustrator)
- Experience designing complex digital products and experiences (preferably cross platform mobile, web, device, or other formats)
- A strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates industry-leading human-centered design process and business success
- Experience planning, conducting, and synthesizing UX research through a variety of methodologies
- Fluency in a range of design tools for working at different fidelity throughout the design process (e.g. whiteboarding, design software, prototyping)
- Ability to present and defend your design decisions confidently, while challenging your convictions and seeking diverse perspectives
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Formal training in Design, UX, HCI, or related field, through an academic program or professional experience
- Able to work in a diverse team across timezones
- Experience with physical product development, environmental design, or service design
- Expertise in crafting delightful micro-interactions, thorough illustration and animation
- Ability to create high-fidelity, dynamic prototypes, where appropriate in the design process
- Familiarity with logistics, supply-chain management, or other operationally complex industries
- Experience with both B2C and B2B products and a nuanced understanding of the design patterns appropriate for different audiences
- Enthusiasm for understanding and serving diverse, international customers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.