Welcome to the team that delivers.
The Delivery Experience(DEX) design team drives the customer-facing delivery CX. The team is composed of UX and visual designers, researchers and marketers and is responsible for producing innovative, consistent and engaging experiences. We achieve this by obsessing over all Amazon customers and drive results through strong partnerships.
We create zero-effort delivery experiences for the benefit of our customers, removing the complexity of delivery option selection and order management. Help us design customer experience that anticipates and meets our customer’s needs each step of the way. Explore designs that allow our customers to focus on finding what they want, getting it when they want and receiving it how they want. On DEX we aim to leave our customers happy to have chosen to shop on Amazon.
About the team
DEX design is focused on solving customer problems at the core of Amazon's e-commerce operations. This includes:
· Customer delivery experiences: How can we enable clear understanding of delivery options and shopping thresholds in the shopping experience? How might we give customers the clearest and most flexible delivery tracking and control? Our experiences are the face of Amazon's ever-evolving transportation capabilities. We are continually improving and re-inventing the shipping experience used by every program at Amazon.
· Post-purchase engagement: how might we help customers get the most out of what they have purchased on Amazon? We are the stewards for our customers' order history, and are re-inventing what the idea of "ownership" means for Amazon customers.
· Address intelligence: how might we ensure that any customer in any location has a great delivery experience? We are create innovations for customers and our logistics operators to ensure that every delivery we make is successful.
How we work: leading with vision
1. We invent via collaborative brainstorming sessions and data
2. We prototype and simulate experiences with customers
3. We socialize vision upward and outward
4. We document the experience and support our tech teams
5. We launch and celebrate the big impact we create
· An available online portfolio
· 3+ years of design experience
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), a related field, or 4+ years of additional professional experience
· Experience in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Principle, Framer JS, Flinto, Illustrator, and Adobe XD
· 5+ years as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role for web applications, services, and/or digital products.
· A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your process for creating great user-centered design solutions
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders across multiple organizations and drive alignment
· Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced environment, working on ambiguous and challenging projects
· Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of customer experiences
· Experience with best practices for information architecture and design, as well as experience with usability principles and techniques
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides