UX Designer Dolo by Better Mankind
UX UISeattle, WA, US, Remote10 days ago
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to turn our software into an attractive, easy-to-use product for our users and partners. Compensation is flexible hourly (if part-time), salary (if full-time) and/or meaningful equity ownership on a vesting schedule. We're a startup that is growing and we're looking for another teammate, with the potential to be a Co-Founder.
This candidate will be responsible for building a clean and effective user experience for our customers. By working cross-functionally, this candidate will understand needs from the product management, engineering, and business stakeholders and will be able to build solutions that fit those needs.
Responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. Bonus if you are able to help with documenting requirements and acceptance criteria using the Gherkin method.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with software design and wireframe tools (we use XD). If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our business requirements, user’s needs and help us grow our customer base.
We are looking for a UI/UX designer (ideally based in Seattle however remote works). We need someone that's strong creatively, is deeply empathetic, is ambitious and is willing to stand up and verbalize what they believe in. We launched our beta version recently, and have many more great features in the backlog that you will help take to market. We're looking for someone to take us to the next level UI/UX wise.
Being an early stage startup expect to wear many hats. While contributing to feature requirements you will oversee the product design (UI/UX), and probably help in other areas too while we scale.
This isn't a one way street, I'm looking for a true partner! Someone who is autonomous. This is a great opportunity to grow, expand your leadership skills, and jump on the next rocket to the moon! If you get fired up thinking about building the next great tech company, get in touch.
You must have experience designing and building large and complex (yet maintainable) systems, and you should be able to do so in about one-third the time that most competent people think possible.
Only serious inquiries please. No sales, operations, finance, growth or fundraising experience required (although it will be appreciated).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that established design standards are consistently and appropriately applied within design work
- Engage with product management, engineering, business stakeholders, and third-party vendors to understand project
- Develop and present documentation, user flows, annotated wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Leverage user testing make product improvements
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Own the design direction of the product and support other graphic design needs the company has.
- Participate and contribute to agile ceremonies to ensure alignment of feature requirements, and backlog prioritization.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to full understand what the customer is saying they need to help drive UI/UX requirements
- Define and manage the design process for the organization, prepping it to scale.
- Support the team by bringing a fresh, innovative perspective to the challenges we face.
- Participate in established meeting cadences and any scheduled all-hands meetings.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to assist with retention and growth needs.
- Assist with ad hoc requests.
- Support and the potential to help own some Product Management needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, or a related field of study
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Proficient in visual design and wireframing tools (e.g. XD or InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Education in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- An exceptional resume and/or list of happy clients that demonstrates your ability to deliver quality software design.
- References or an established reputation
- Talent and passion for quality applications, great UI/UX, building a great product, company and community.
- Strong organization, planning, communication and execution skills
- Ability to analyze competitor and industry strategies, and innovate on best practices
- A work style that is extremely detail-oriented
- Efficient at time management
- Fluent in English
- Positive attitude, ability to manage one’s own time, build scalable processes, and help direct-reports with time management (among other things)
- Action-oriented and you have the desire to take the initiative in problem-solving