Tesla Design is looking for an outstanding User Experience Designer to design the future of ownership experience. The UX Designer will be responsible for researching, designing, innovating, and prototyping new user experiences that pave the way for the future of energy & vehicles in a way that has never been done before. Our digital experiences and the way consumers, businesses and municipalities transition to EVs and sustainable energy will be transformative.
The Digital Experience Team focuses on consumer experiences you see on the website and in the Tesla App. The candidate will collaborate with product owners, other designers, content strategists, developers and business partners will be a key contributor and originator in their own right.
Candidates should possess exceptional design skills, creative problem-solving, a great sense of aesthetics, as well as user-centered design principles. The applicant must have an affinity for minimal design, typography, and attention to the smallest of details. A strong ability to distill complex problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success at Tesla. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial spirit, so the majority of the work will be focused on innovating original and creative content and application, as well as final deliverables and solutions that work in the real world.
You will be working on the most advanced vehicle and energy solutions in existence both today and tomorrow.
- Research and define UX strategy for consumer segments and different customer types building upon and scaling Tesla offerings
- Imagine, conceive of, manage, and drive ownership UX design projects from defining customer problems or opportunities to concept to implementation
- Develop creative and innovative design solutions for ownership experiences that support multiple types of users in different types of roles with varying scope and objectives
- Define and implement creative solutions that help improve comprehension and clarity of ownership options and decisions
- Constantly measure how designs are performing for target customers. Iterate and improve those experiences as needed. Influences team roadmaps to include experience improvements when the design or product is not performing or needs improvement.
- Invest in building relationships and trust with stakeholders, peers and working groups. Build a strong network across Tesla, globally.
- Determines best UX solutions based on customer feedback and business goals and helps to determine overall direction, identifying challenges and adapting as needed based on the context of the solution and customer.
- Foster the defining and sharing of UX design patterns and standards, artifact reuse and consistency across team members. Contribute to the Tesla Design System.
- 3+ years work experience advocating for, creating and building and world-class experiences for mobile, web, TV or other digital devices. Knowledge of global design best practices and working for international companies a plus.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing UI/UX and visual design work with a strong design sensibility and articulate storytelling. Evidence of exceptional design ability is a must
- Must be proficient and highly skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and other design tools
- Ability to prototype in UX prototyping tools or HTML.
- Understanding of front-end web and mobile technologies such as CSS/HTML and general understanding of backend technologies that are required to build out experiences. Partnering well with technology is a must.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, high stress iterative design process under minimal supervision
- Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights and the ability to take those insights and define the desired customer outcomes.
- Evidence of solving large scale problems for customers. Ability to take complex concepts and simplify them for the customer in the form or elegant experiences.
- Excellent command of user experience, design principles, problem-framing skills, and beautiful visual design skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Strong ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches, prototypes and wireframes. Experienced and comfortable with presenting work to executives and large groups. Strong ability to communicate complicated concepts and bring clarity to stakeholders and team members.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently but also collaborative and driven by group critique. Proven track record as an expert in design who can collaborate well with other functions.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in the study of design including one of the following; Design, Web Design, Interaction Design, UI/UX Design, Service Design, Information Architecture, HCI, Human Factors, or a portfolio that shows equivalent project experience.