Have you heard about the IBM Garage? It's a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. We use Enterprise Design Thinking, our industry-leading IBM Garage Methodology and IBM's multidisciplinary experts in full speed from the start. We design, develop, test, and deliver solutions. Startup speed. Enterprise scale. We apply human-centric approaches to ensure all features add value for the user and achieve desired client impact.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Garage Designers in IBM’s Garage are part of a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. As part of an entrepreneurial team, you will lead UX and customer / user journey design for prioritized use cases and minimal viable solutions.
You will synthesize research, client insights and requirements to craft user experiences that connect people with products, services and brands. You will apply information architecture, research and evaluation in user design.
You will facilitate and lead design sessions with clients and IBM team, using contemporary methods and tools.
An ideal candidate will connect the dots at both abstract and tactical levels; is empathetic and expressive, curious and creative
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be highly skilled in both visual and UX design; have excellent written communication and storytelling skills
- Apply IBM Design Thinking methods, translating requirements into hypotheses, research and facilitation to uncover meaningful connections with products
- Works in an agile, collaborative environment to recognise stakeholder requirements and ensure that designs address user pain points and serve the users with outstanding experiences
- Build and maintain close relationships with cross disciplinary IBM and client teams
- Work closely with senior leaders, explaining design decisions to build consensus
- Provide thought leadership among the network of Designers and client stakeholders
- Turn ideas into reality with a focus on innovation and development of new technology
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and continuous learning by staying up to date on the latest design tools and methods
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years UX Design with an appreciation of the application of typographic skills, understanding of color and visual hierarchy, iconography and aesthetics
- At least 2 years as in a Lead Designer role with the capability of supporting non-designers mentally make their way through very new concepts and adjusting techniques to ensure all clients leave with a clear understanding of the value of design and their role in reaching the ideal user experience
- At least 2 years using design thinking and agile practices beyond software to all levels of business
- At least 3 years in a client facing role, including workshop facilitation to shepherd through the IBM Client Garage methods, anticipate client needs, and work with peers and executives to help the client have an excellent experience
- Fluent in German and English language
About Business Unit
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you, this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.