At Amazon Fashion, we’re striving to make Amazon a fashion destination, not just a place to buy clothes. If you excel at designing product and service experiences (and love fashion), please consider joining us on this journey.
Who we are:
The Amazon Fashion Design and Research team is dedicated to being the beacon of design excellence within the highly visual, emotive, and impassioned space where contemporary fashion and cutting-edge technology meet. Our aim is to provide simple, fluid, and beautiful experiences that accommodate our growing and diverse selection, while enabling customers to make confident buying decisions and delighting them along the way.
We are seeking a UX Designer to conceive of, plan, lead, and execute new shopping experiences for our Detail Page that eliminate customers’ biggest barriers to purchasing clothing and shoes online. Confidence in how clothing and shoes will fit, personalized experiences based on style, size, and budget preferences, and fun moments of discovery are examples of outcomes we’re striving to achieve for our customers. This role will work at the intersection of customer data, computer vision and machine learning models, leveraging deep personalization to design elegant solutions to customer needs in the fashion space.
Who you are:
As the ideal candidate you will look around corners to create a cohesive vision and unified CX across fashion customer journeys. You’ll set and communicate a high bar for design quality and influence across the organization about best practices and processes needed to drive design-led, customer-obsessed solutions.
You will be responsible for developing and socializing experiences that drive engagement and excitement throughout the organization - working closely with partners in research, design and product management across Amazon. Because the scope of this position will extend across a number of programs, the ability to balance high-level, holistic reasoning with detail-oriented feature design is imperative.
You would be perfect for this role if:
- You’re a systems oriented designer who envisions and crafts holistic solutions for your users that span the entire customer journey.
- You see patterns and connect dots as part of your daily process.
- You are passionate about working strategically with internal and external executives and other senior leaders to create and deliver visionary and customer centric solutions.
- You design experiences that visually provoke and captivate.
- You are an empathic teammate who flourishes when collaborating closely with other disciplines and partners.
- You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats.
What you'll do:
- Analyze customer behaviors, identify opportunities to solve problems, and create cohesive, best-in-class experiences to our most challenging and high impact areas.
- Contribute to the architecture of near and long term user experience visions for features and product lines across applicable devices and locales.
- Create frameworks, conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes, detailed visual mockups, and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies.
- Responsibly and effectively advocate for the customer in a corporate environment; fostering a shared understanding of the customer centric intersection between design, technology and business.
- Deliver high quality creative products while insisting on high standards and attention to detail.
- Present to business, design, and executive-level leadership and support your design rationale using quantitative data and site metrics, customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Help nurture a thriving design culture.
· 7+ years professional experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, or product designer or related
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, or a related field, or commensurate industry experience
· Portfolio of work demonstrating ability to create customer experiences across a range of touch-points as well as proficiency in UI and interaction design
· Proficiency in design software such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
· Experience working cross-functionally and synthesizing feedback and input from leadership, product management, engineering, and research
· Ability to work across organizational boundaries and manage ambiguity to define, manage, and prioritize work
· Experience presenting to and advising senior management; able to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication
· Experience writing UX copy for your designs
· Past experience in designing for fashion services or style-based brands or companies
· Retail/e-commerce design experience in a global context
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.