UX Designer Feedback Loop
UX UINYC, NY, US, Remotea month ago
Feedback Loop is a venture-backed and growth-stage company based in New York, NY with a rapid consumer feedback platform used by teams at the world’s largest brands.
We are looking for a UX Designer to iterate on feedback and design experiences within our cross-functional, customer-driven product teams. You will be discovering and delivering new patterns/solutions for jobs-to-be-done, and optimizing the usability, accessibility, and interactivity of our software.
You will execute throughout the product development lifecycle: empathize with and understand our users deeply, craft their experiences, and evaluate how your contribution is helping them to achieve their objectives.
- Execute at every stage of the design lifecycle from ideation to delivery
- Create a clear strategy from insight to action to effectively produce a variety of outputs such as personas, journey maps, user flows, information architecture, prototypes, and wireframes as it pertains to business requirements and end-user needs and validate through user testing, when appropriate
- Using research tools and working alongside our user researcher in various settings including end-to-end, usability, and generative methods, to help create data-informed designs
- Communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale effectively both verbally and visually across an interdisciplinary team
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering and other key stakeholders
- Respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands, and timeline
- Participate in design team-wide initiatives (hiring, workshops, design system, improving design tools, mentor junior designers)
- 3+ years of UX design experience within B2B organizations (ideally SaaS)
- Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration is encouraged
- Experience with end-to-end product design with SaaS products
- Developed storytelling skills with the ability to tailor your context to the audience
- Mastered the design process and methodology and will shape ours
- Good understanding of systems thinking and ability to translate complex systems into a simplified user experience