Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM has a longstanding history of design which continues to evolve throughout our IBM Z business through Design practice and Design Thinking. At IBM Z, our systems power the world’s most important industries, and our clients are the architects of the future. Transforming our business to deliver on that future is at the heart of what we do.Join us as we continue innovating across enterprise Z products to provide our clients with solutions that power their mission. We’re looking for a well-rounded UX Designer to design modern, easy-to-use, and consistent experiences for clients to easily configure, install, provision and maintain z/OS and related software. In this role, you will be responsible for designing an enhanced user experience based on user research and provide design strategy that aligns to product release cycles. You’ll work directly with a cross-functional team to tackle complex business challenges alongside other creators and strategists. You are a systematic thinker, able to see the big picture but also enjoy diving deep into important details.
- Create actionable insights from design research into intuitive artifacts such as journey maps, storyboards, user flows, and conceptual models
- Help conduct research with a range of end users to better understand their needs and with the cross-functional team to develop key insights on improving the client experience
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with cross-functional team
- Lead, inspire and motivate a team of multi-disciplinary designers
- Guide business goals to align with user needs and translate business requirements into design objectives
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirements, documentation and presentations
- Actively schedule stand-ups, playbacks, reviews and present design to all different level of stakeholders
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of professional UX Design Experience
- Expertise in design thinking/human-centered design
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant design discipline (User-Experience Design, Visual Design, Interaction Design)
- Ability to facilitate design thinking workshops with diverse product and functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (i.e., storytelling and documentation)
- Experience using agile principles towards the delivery of product
- Proficiency with design tools such as Mural, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, InVision, Keynote, research survey tools, and other design software tools.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
Company:(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Travel Required:No Travel