About the job
NVIDIA is a worldwide technology company headquartered in Santa Clara, California. Our work in visual computing - the art and science of computer graphics - has led to thousands of patented inventions, breakthrough technologies, deep industry relationships and a globally recognized brand. NVIDIA’s Simulation Technology division builds industry leading technology for high-end virtual experiences including Omniverse ( developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-omniverse ). As a UX Designer, you will interact closely with designers and developers on NVIDIA Omniverse related projects, You will help create intuitive workflows, experiences and designs connecting Omniverse to industry-leading 3D applications across games, movie production, product design, scientific research and many other fields.
To be successful in this role you must have strong problem solving abilities and a user centric perspective. Storyboarding workflows and prototyping is important. You must be comfortable designing in new and ambiguous scenarios. The personalities we are looking for are hard-working and energetic with the ability to collaborate across subject areas and geographies. The right candidate must possess a clear passion for discovering and solving customer problems, a commitment to excellence, and an ability to see beyond the immediate challenges, several years into the future.
What You'II Be Doing
- Conduct contextual inquiry sessions, task analyses, surveys, and focus groups.
- Conceptualize, design, and prototype tools that will be used by developers and creatives.
- Plan and conduct usability studies of prototype and development code.
- Work with developers to ensure design integrity during implementation.
- Engage with users on a consistent basis in beta forums and with customer visits.
What We Need To See
- Bachelor’s degree in design, or content creation or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of user-centered design and workflows
- Experienced with content creation tools and game engines (3DS Max, Maya, UE3, UE4, Unity, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- High attention to detail and a passion for user experience
- Experience in planning, conducting and reporting usability tests and site visits.
- Ability to generate clear product ideas and designs from research findings.
- Ability to successfully interact with end-users and development team members.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, think creatively
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- Experience working on large software projects as part of an agile team
- Experience with game interaction design (e.g., Xbox, PlayStation, Wii, PC, iPad, iPhone, Android)
- Skills in Prototyping with Python .
- Strong knowledge of USD or MDL
- Familiarity with bug tracking tools such as JIRA
- Strong authoring experience in DCC tools.