Our mission is to increase the success rate of small business. We believe that banking is a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. We’re building banking designed for growing businesses. With Relay, business owners can open an account in minutes, issue corporate cards in seconds and automate their bookkeeping.
As a User Experience Designer, you'll have the opportunity to own the design process at Relay. The ideal candidate has experience leading product design and a track record of creating simple yet intuitive designs from complex user and technical requirements.
What You'll Do
- Create user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes to unlock intuitive user experiences across web and mobile
- Develop a core understanding of user problems. Translate complex user needs and technology constraints into design solutions that are easy to use and engaging
- Be the voice of design and UX. Make strategic design and UX decisions related to new and existing features
- Take a user-centered design approach. Rapidly test and iterate new designs
- Plan and conduct usability testing. Participate in user feedback sessions
- Plan and conduct competitor analysis, as needed
- Collaboration cross-team with product owners, customer success, marketing, and engineering to effectively share ideas, designs and vision
We're Looking For
- Have experience in a UX design, preferably in the tech / start-up universe
- Genuinely excited about understanding user problems and creating intuitive and straightforward designs
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders
- Ability to iterate on designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- A customer-first and user-centric mindset with deep empathy for the user
- Thorough understanding of UX design best practices and mobile-first / responsive design
- A self-starter, a problem-solver, and a creative thinker
- A team-player - our team is small and mighty, and we collaborate constantly - we want someone who is always willing to pitch in and isn’t afraid to ask for help
You Will Have
- The opportunity to help shape Relay’s content marketing function from the ground up
- A huge impact building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America
- Personal and professional growth. We care about getting better everyday and leveling up. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity
- An outstanding work environment that is passionate about getting stuff done, collaboration, learning and having fun
- A competitive salary + equity. Salary ranges from $50k to $100k+, based on seniority
Apply via email@example.com and please include an up-to-date resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.