About the job
Cisco’s Workforce Experience Design team is on a mission to create the best work experience, leading with human-centered design, to create an engaged and productive environment for all Cisconians. We strive to enable every employee to be at their best every day, from removing the barriers to collaboration to discovering new connections and communities. We are a global leader in technology, networking, and innovation, and we believe that helping our customers and partners begins with helping ourselves!
As a UX Designer, you’ll engage with user research, product, and engineering teams to understand and uncover user needs and recommend best-in-class experiences to address them. You will help manage the portfolio of solutions we provide to Cisconians; prioritizing delivery of capabilities and experiences that resolve problems, fulfill employee needs, and enable success.
You'll work across the user experience spectrum - from prototyping for research activities to UI design with established design systems - to solve complex problems at the enterprise scale. You'll mentor and lead other designers in their craft, and help the team continuously learn and grow!
What You'll Do:
- Partner with UX Research (in some cases doing your own research) to create journey maps, wireframes and prototypes that help uncover user needs.
- Iterate quickly and propose many different solutions to a problem, displaying a depth of knowledge about UX and interaction best practices to help narrow down to a final solution
- Drive efforts to collect and report on UX metrics that ensure design decisions evaluated and evidence based.
- Build consistency among our workflows and interaction patterns by looking across product silos, (work with content designers to do the same with our voice and tone), that will inform our design system
- Think and communicate ideas in terms of systems thinking and service design, connecting the dots from various platforms and touchpoints to create seamless experiences
- Drive the creation of detailed design documentation that outlines the information architecture, data structures, and clearly defines the needs of the business and users.
- Communicate your designs and advocate for experience changes articulately and concisely. Use storytelling techniques and compelling data-centric narratives to drive action
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team, and provide guidance on best practices and thought leadership around various methodologies
- Facilitate workshops and bring different disciplines together to align around a solution to a problem
- Integrate design and user experience research with Agile practices
Who You’ll Work With:
- A remote, cross-functional team of designers – from research to visual design to content design
- Product managers, engineers, architects, and additional stakeholders on your product teams
- The Workforce Experience leadership team to help get a sense of the strategy and big picture
Who You Are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Design, HCI, a related field or equivalent industry or Military experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in UX/UI design, preferably with some in-house or product team experience in enterprise environments
- Well-rounded understanding of user-centered design process, as well as solid knowledge of user experience principles and ability to advocate for the inclusion of user insights
- A portfolio of past design and research work experience, deliverables, and entrepreneurial innovation
- A fast worker; somebody who doesn’t let ambiguity slow them down
- Demonstrated experience with different techniques and methods of UX design, including sketching, storyboarding, system mapping, prototyping at various fidelities, and working with design systems. You have the ability to move seamlessly between methods depending on the situation and timeline.
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team.
- The ability to clearly and convincingly articulate the need for design and design decisions to diverse stakeholders and leadership
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required.
The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.